Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SillyMe

Good skate sharpen in MA/CT?

I live in Raynham, have just gotten back into skating/hockey, and my new skates need their 1st sharpen (other than when I bought them).

Anyone know of a trustworthy sharpen around here?

Would like to go to Noicing, but it's over an hour away.....another reason I was considering buying another set of steel, and just sending them out so I always have a good set.

Thanks

Hey does anyone know of a good sharpener in CT? Preferably one that can do custom work

Depends where you live, if you are in New Haven area, Whitey Bensons is the place to go. Anywhere else would be avg IMO. Avoid Hamden sport though, wouldn't let them sharpen a pencil let alone skates

Kens in Foxboro is good. hes not open much but is a nice guy and does a great job!

+1

And if anyone is looking for graf skates his shop is a must visit. He has the best inventory in MA.

hes actually closing his the retail side of his business so all of his skates are on sale if anyone is looking for a good deal!

Try Preferred Hockey in South Windsor. Its at 280 Strong rd. He's got odd hours but It's a one man show and everyone that goes to him, myself included, raves about the job he does.

In regards to Hockey Monkey Norwood

I have had two friends say that they got bad sharpenings there

Does that mean that all of the sharpeners there are bad?...probably not

But these two stories keep me from getting my skates buzzed there...even in a pinch

(If in a pinch....I would more likely end up at Pure Hockey in Needham or Braintree)