Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

Broken chassis

So I am converting my skates and a friend of mine let me take the chassis off his old boss's that he grew out of. when the chassis were removed it was exposed that a spot where one of the rivets usually connect, broke off. Now I'm currently waiting for the friend who gave me the chassis to get them back to me as he said he'd weld it but because they are magnesium he has to go about welding it differently because it doesnt react the same as steel and all that hooplah. My question is if it for SOME reason is unable to be welded, would i sitll be able to use these chassis with reenforced rivets in the remaining holes? Would i notice any loss in performance? 200 bucks is a lot to spend on a chassis so getting these suckers for free is a blessing. Here's a pic
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/MikeYez/media/get-attachment_zpsca3e8e0b.jpg.html

If you have a broken part of the chassis, just use a couple more Copper rivets in the other holes to help hold it in place.

Thats what the guy at my LHS said he could do. You saying that is giving me a little more reassurance this will actually work and hold