Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STL21

Brett Hull Blade

There's nothing out there that is close, except for a few on eBay, ordering custom, or someone like me that owns about 100 of them (not kidding and not for sale; sorry).

Was stating you own "about 100 of them" and then saying they are not for sale necessary? Seems like an unnecessary tease/rubbing it in. The user was just looking for some help.

I think it's probably better that JunkyardAthletic did clearly state "not for sale," as others reading could spam his inbox with "how much, pretty pretty please" pm's otherwise. It's best not to fool or tease someone's emotions and being clear and upfront probably does minimize it.

Yes sir, indeed, there are others like me that own quite a few of these, and some collectors that have more than I have!

While I choose to not sell mine, with some help via Google, eBay, and other places, he can find what he is looking for. This is why I typed the statement "or someone LIKE me", meaning that there are others out there.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with my statement, but, I will apologize to both you and the OP for my post.

Junkyard,

No need to apologize! I was just looking at it from a different angle, that's all.

As a TPS/Louisville addict, I myself am extremely jealous of your vast collection.

So back to the question of what is the closet blade on the market today that comes to what Hull had on his Z Bubble. I guess my question to you is have you ever used this curve before? Being that it was such a unique curve/blade I think that its a legit question.

I had one back in the mid 2000's when I was in high school. I tried it in one of my z bubbles and found it extremely difficult to use. It was certainly fun to give it a try though, I may dig it out one day. It was so unique that it would be tough to get any retail pattern that would be close. Something along the lines of an Easton Sakic/Hall or one of the crazy ovi/P08 curves would be going in that direction of Hull's, but still not really the same.

What about Base's BC01, Pro Custom Hossa?

Used to use the hull pro and now using the BC01. closest match out there IMO. slightly less aggressive toe rocker but easier to use on that same token.

Ive used the BCO1 and and I also have a pro stock spezza toe curve. I was just looking to try and see if there was a reasonable but also somewhat easily accessible Hull curve out there to try. It seems in my research that nothing will be "exact" but thanks for the tips!