Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cavs019

Easton Pro Stock Stick Lengths - Flex

Do you guys know if the extra long Easton sticks will maintain the exact same flex profile when cut to the same length as retail? To clarify:

Lets say I have an 85 XL RS2 and a standard length RS2, both pro stock. The XL starts 3 inches longer for example's sake. I cut 6 inches of the XL, I cut 3 off the standard such that they are now the same length...are they the exact same flex? Or is the XL stiffer? Hope that inquiry makes sense.

ya probably not. with pro stock stick they are all made differently and are customized to each player. this includes flex. you may not even have two RS2. they could be repaints

The XL stick would be stiffer. At full length it might feel slightly softer than its standard length equal but when you cut them to the same height you can notice a difference. An 85 flex 63" stick and a standard 60" 85 flex cut to the same height of 57" would leave the "taller" one being stiffer.

This is what I have found doing what you had used as an example.

Thanks Tyler.

@Hyster: The DNA of the stick is easily identified by looking at the SKU sticker/codes on the inside of the shaft if its bought new.

I'm curious why some of HM's offerings say "x-long" and some say "x-large." Poor nomenclature or is there an actual difference?

I'm curious why some of HM's offerings say "x-long" and some say "x-large." Poor nomenclature or is there an actual difference?

I believe one is for length or size of the blade and the other is for length of shaft or vise versa, don't trust me on that. Would be good to give them a call.