Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

Bob McKenzie Tweets that in total, NHL teams exceeded the cap by $265M last season.

NHL and NHLPA yesterday officially signed off on final accounting of 2012-13 season, when clubs overspent cap by about $265M. - Bob McKenzie (@TSNMcKenzie)

Fresh off the lockout, working under the salary cap of $70.2 M, NHL teams managed to overspend by the tune of roughly $8million per team. Can't imagine what the numbers will look like after this season when the cap dipped to $64.3 Million.

It's amazing to me that owners will decide to overspend, prolong a lockout to get spending under control, and then immediately overspend again.

the lockout was ridiculous in general on the owners' part

didn't the shark claim they lost 15-20 a season but in reality it was the parent company passing on all of their losses to the sharks

a team that sells out season after season like the sharks should not be losing money especially that much

It's amazing to me that owners will decide to overspend, prolong a lockout to get spending under control, and then immediately overspend again.

I'm not surprised anymore after what went on in between lock outs. At the end of the day they all want to win and want to sign the big name players. Remember Leiopold the owner of the Wild? He didn't want to sign parise and suter to those monstrous deals but if he didn't someone else will and the guy wants to build a winner in minny.