Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hills

Warrior Swagger Emery Curve

This is a review for an older model Warrior Swagger. The current models are very similar in construction with different paint schemes. I have made a review video for this stick as well, but it also has the other sticks I have reviewed in it. I feel it helps give more detail behind the sticks being reviewed. Simmons Pro Series 6, Torspo Surge 421, Warrior Swagger Emery Curve.

Blade: Mid-Heel curve, Medium depth with open face angle. 14 Lie. Blade feels extremely strong and sturdy without any wear spots so far and no chips from pucks either. 10/10

Shaft/Flex: By far the stiffest of the sticks reviewed in this thread. This is a foam core stick but it feels like it is reinforced more than the others I have reviewed here. Very little shaft flex and I can feel the vibrations when making saves more. The handle chips from hitting the posts just like all other sticks after a fair amount of time.

Shooting: I do not have a good shot with this stick and can't put it off the glass unless I flick it upwards. I am better at hard passes with this over the Torspo. I have seen other goalies shoot very well with these sticks, so it is perhaps just the curve for me. Either way I do not feel very comfortable stick handling with this. 7/10

Weight/Balance: The heaviest foam core stick I have ever used. This stick feels like it will be more durable and last longer, but it does feel significantly heavier than other foam cores that I have used. I don't really have a problem with the weight and it is still significantly lighter than solid wood sticks I have used before. I do find I am less active with this stick compared to lighter foam core sticks. 7/10

Performance: I do feel some vibrations with this stick when taking hard shots on the blade and shaft (not so much on the paddle). I have decent rebound control with it but not as good as the Simmons. With the added weight I am less active with my stick while playing, and this causes me to be hesitant when attempting to use it to block passes or for poke checks. I feel slightly sluggish and am worried I will end up out of position attempting these moves. 6/10

Durability: After around 5 months of usage this stick feels like it is brand new. There are some dents on the shaft where I hit the posts all the time but that is it. The stick still feels stiff and solid. I can't find any signs of immediate wear or dents from pucks. So far this stick has held up better than any foam core stick I have used in the past. 10/10

Intangibles: I believe this stick is absolutely gorgeous. When I purchased it there were many shaft sizes and curves available and I believe that is true for the newer models (with more colour options now). 10/10

Price: On Sale: $50, Original Retail: $130

Overall: I enjoy this stick and I believe it will last me a long time. It is heavier but if it outlasts the lighter foam core sticks then the weight/durability tradeoff is worth it. I don't like spending money on new sticks. At $50 I feel like this stick is a steal, at retail of $130 I feel like I'd expect a better performing stick and something slightly lighter $50: 10/10, $130 8/10