Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schatten42

Reebok 30k's or CCM RBZ 90's

Just looking for some opinions on the above. I am a C/B (mostly C) level beer league player. 6'2" 220 (if that matters) Have only ever skated in CCM 652 and 852's and have had some ankle strength problems in the past.

I hang in there but not overly an skilled skater, I can stop one way and cross over one way, but improving, not fully utilizing my edges properly.

My 852's are breaking down and I'm shopping some new skates. Comfortable in the 300-400 retail range.

I have tried on both pairs of skates, have skated in neither. Reeboks much more comfortable out of the box, RBZ's much less so but whatever I pickup will be baked at a pro shop to help with the fit.

There are some minor differences, like lace locks, steel, etc... both have the 4.0 Holder

Just looking for some general feedback to lean me in a direction. I personally like to look of the Reebok better, but fit, comfort and durability are more important.

I am assuming the Reebok fit better? Have you tried on some Supremes? Just to cover the three basic fit profiles...

Dollar for dollar, I personally think Reebok's current skates may offer the most for your money, but that doesn't matter if they don't fit properly.

I'm about 90 minutes out from the pro-shop unfortunately, they did not have any Supreme's in a size to try on. I have been told they are a little more narrow midfoot. I wear a 11.5 / 12 shoe and while i don't have wide feet, i'm borderline and have a fairly flat foot.

The Reeboks felt great out of the box. But again standing in them and skating in them can be two different things. I know the RBZ 90's are very moldable, they didn't feel great out of the box, but i'm more interested in how I will settle into them after break-in. It took me some time and arch pain to break the 852's in

The One 9's are slightly above my range, the One 8's below.

I would try the new Reebok's in D and EE if possible.

I would also try to find a pair of Supreme or similar fitting skates, just to cover the general foot shapes you may fall into.

Whatever gives you the best heel lock and is comfortable/snug all around.

The RBZ line is very moldable, but is a deeper, wider boot as well.

Pretty much all skates at that price range should be comparable quality, it's all about finding the best fit!

Going from 852's to One.9's would be a drastic jump in terms of stiffness, I wouldn't even recommend it. I think you are in the right price range

I personally recommend the Reeboks. I was always a ccm guy myself until about 2 months ago when I was looking at new skates and ended up getting the 28ks. I tried on the rbz 80 and the 28k and found the rbz 80s actually felt way to big. I felt they had way to much room from the fore foot to toe box while the 28ks where just fit perfect everywhere. Like you I'm a size 12 shoe but in both the skates I was in a 9.5. In the rbz I was in a d width and in the Reeboks I'm in a ee width. So the Reeboks do run narrower than the rbz. I think you might want to try the 28k or the rbz 80 which are a step down from what you are looking at but both skates are pretty much the same as the model up except for a little bit of a difference in the quarter packages. You can get the 28s for 299 and the 80s for 279 so you can save some money while still getting a great skate