Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Los Angeles Area: Shooting Gallery (to try out sticks)

When I go to LA, I would like to try out some sticks, at a pro shop. I find that all gear (including sticks) might feel nice in my hand or just stickhandling around in the store, but on ice, everything just changes. So, is there a shop with this type of setup, anywhere in the Los Angeles/ Orange County area, that will have most curves stocked for Warrior QR1 and Sherwood EK15 sticks? I especially like how this place has the elevated side walls to mimic the extra couple of inches that skates will add; but I will take anything at this point, just to be able to get a feel for the different sticks, flexes, and curves.

1. discount hockey in woodland hills but their stick selection of sticks to test out is very limited.

2. your best option is hockeymonkey in irvine. they have a bunch of top end sticks to try out in various curves and brands.

1. discount hockey in woodland hills but their stick selection of sticks to test out is very limited.

2. your best option is hockeymonkey in irvine. they have a bunch of top end sticks to try out in various curves and brands.

Monkey doesn't have anywhere to shoot though, as far as I know.

Monkey doesn't have anywhere to shoot though, as far as I know.

Incorrect. why else would I say there is a place to shoot with a large selection of sticks? It is to the left of the check out counters when entering the store.

Incorrect. why else would I say there is a place to shoot with a large selection of sticks? It is to the left of the check out counters when entering the store.

No need to be snarky. You didn't say there was a place to shoot in your post.

I've been there countless times but never noticed a place to shoot. Left of the checkout counters? I'm kind of surprised they'd put it in the baseball section, but that's probably why I never noticed it was there.

No need to be snarky. You didn't say there was a place to shoot in your post.

I've been there countless times but never noticed a place to shoot. Left of the checkout counters? I'm kind of surprised they'd put it in the baseball section, but that's probably why I never noticed it was there.

there was no snarkiness. the original poster was asking where he could go to shoot and try sticks out. why would I include hockeymonkey if it didn't.

there was no snarkiness. the original poster was asking where he could go to shoot and try sticks out. why would I include hockeymonkey if it didn't.

You'd be surprised :)

Funny, I went to Hockey Monkey in Irvine a couple times in Dec 2013/ Jan 2014, and did not notice the shooting gallery either. They did have great stick selection though. Glad to know, I will definitely go there in Dec 2014/ Jan 2015.