Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

So the QR Pro, whats the difference with that? What makes it pro?

QR Pro is the QR1 but made at our facility in Asia. Same internal materials, just lower cost and more robust. We came up with this stick for the many new Junior and College teams we are supplying for. Some dealers saw the sticks and asked that we made it available for retail, so we did.

Get rid of names like nipple grip and fiveway or whatever and I'll consider them a real hockey equip manufacturer.

I think you meant "Fiveskin".

I think you meant "Fiveskin".

Oy. Even worse. Sorry if any of these marketing terms were your idea, but it's true; speaking for myself only, as a consumer they really turned me off of Warrior products. Even if you guys are turning out fantastic products, so are other companies. But again, I'll reiterate that I think you guys are now headed in a better direction graphics/marketing wise.

Oy. Even worse. Sorry if any of these marketing terms were your idea, but it's true; speaking for myself only, as a consumer they really turned me off of Warrior products. Even if you guys are turning out fantastic products, so are other companies. But again, I'll reiterate that I think you guys are now headed in a better direction graphics/marketing wise.

No worries, and you don't have to apologize. They weren't my ideas and I'm glad you like the direction we're taking now and into the future.

Well for one i dont agree with you Neo.I think it was a great marketing pitch because everyone talked about them pushing the envlope in a pretty conservative market.For the children under 12 it was at worst questionable but nothing worst then what we see on the TV .But we still watch the tv right.

I have been a warrior boy since they started and even in the innovative days (i miss you inno 1000 shaft hull spec) and i was never turned off by them and they are on off the few that keep the fans informed and aknowledge the problem they have with some products (the 2010 tenon spliting off blades)

Anyway nuff said i missed the vip program but i am in line for sure to try the QR1 so keep the good work Keith ;)

They've come a long way, other than the Dolomites, I didn't care for too many Warrior sticks(especially those with the Spyne blade). The DD blade was a great blade, probably my second favorite stick blade after the one95 blade. They've really stepped things up, the Widow was a very good stick and the QR1 is probably their best to-date. Easton has come back with some pretty darn good offerings for the first time since about 07(Stealth)/08(Synergy) and Bauer has been strong...Warrior has met the challenge. It's a great time for quality hockey sticks, in my opinion.

So far the QR1 performs already great. Really liked the DT1 LT but the QR1 is even better in weight / balance / puck feeling. And especially wrist & snap shots got a new edge - what a pop!

I agree with Havok, the marketing and bold moves warrior makes is what draws me to them. If it wasn't for such erratic design and style I wouldn't even consider them probably. They make their product fun to talk about.

I think the new design is really a great combination of the bold times (like the Dolomite) and a classic, reduced, stylish approach.

BTW: also noticed slightly optimized shaft dimensions (compared to DT1 LT) - amazing feeling.

I'm in the US but hockey supremacy has them up for pre order if you can purchase online

nice thanks sbecks ...placed a pre-order...haven't been this excited to use a new stick in a while!

I agree w chadd and flip. IMO, their early gen, blackslpoitation, sexual innuendo based marketing theme was disgusting and a primary reason I never considered buying anything warrior but they're headed in the right direction. Get rid of names like nipple grip and fiveway or whatever and I'll consider them a real hockey equip manufacturer.

To be fair, it did feel like nipples and personally one of my favourite types of grip.

To be fair, it did feel like nipples and personally one of my favourite types of grip.

lol yeah the grip was perfect, not to grippy, and not to smooth.

Hey was hoping to get an answer on the new qr1. I am really interested in the w71 curve as right now I only use a Coffey curve or Stastny sometimes. I have only used Sher-wood for a long time and I always get INT STICKS in Sherwood because they come the perfect length already. I don't buy Senior unless they have the "flex-free cut zone" like my ek15. I like a legit 70-80 flex. So my question is should I, as a 5'10" guy get the int 70 flex, like would it be tall enough right out of the box? If not, does the Senior stick have a flex free cutting zone? Don't have a real LHS here, so will have to order online. Also side question does anyone know if Warrior has a military discount?

I ordered a 70 flex W28 online it said the shaft length was 57" which is the same length as my True A6.0 intermediate so I thought ok perfect only when I received the stick it's actually about 2" shorter 55" shaft and when I put the composite buttend in it the weight went up to 435grams untaped. My A6.0 taped is only 388grams so I am very disappointed right now I feel like I woulda just kept my V9e if I wanted a 440gram stick with a E28 and saved the $260.

Thanks I am really used to my EK15 so I feel like that much of an increase of adding a plug would probably feel like a baseball bat in my hand. I just really want that Patch curve.

I'm with TBLfan, give me polarfibre on my stick!!! I tried the QR1 yesterday. Loved how it felt and it surely had a quick release but the grip coating flaked off during my session. That was a turn off for me since Warrior isn't offering a non-grip QR1 (which I would normally choose).

I gotta say though it is a great stick and shoots fantastic. I would try the sr. 75 flex you prob won't have to cut it because I believe the 75 is shorter already and the stick is on the whippy side for a low kick.

While on the topic, my major Peewee son has only used junior sticks but I was considering moving him to a 55 flex intermediate stick but I am concerned with the amount of stick that still needs cut off so was wondering if there was a flex free zone on the intermediate stick.

No worries, and you don't have to apologize. They weren't my ideas and I'm glad you like the direction we're taking now and into the future.

My Major Peewee son wants to switch to a 55 flex intermediate QR1 but has 4-5 inches to cut off, is that going to make the flex too stiff or is there a flex free section in the cut off area?

Yes the newer Sher-Wood INT sticks all have the flex free zone (the EK15 and EK9) just like the SR counterpart don't know about the Warrior but I doubt it I think it is a Sher-Wood thing

Keith should be able to answer that question in terms of the QR1, however, Warrior measures their flexes differently. On previous Warrior sticks you could cut 4-5" off before it altered the advertised flex. Now that the sticks are shorter than 63" that number should have changed.

Topics merged as it didn't really need its own.

I gotta say though it is a great stick and shoots fantastic. I would try the sr. 75 flex you prob won't have to cut it because I believe the 75 is shorter already and the stick is on the whippy side for a low kick.

Yeah that is the one I am leaning towards tight now. I am just waiting to see one in person before I pull the trigger. Unfortunately I live in va Beach and there isn't a good LHS here, so I drove ALL the way to NJ yesterday for something and made an extra hour-plus trip to HockeyGiant to get the QR1, and they were closed for inventory.

Yeah that is the one I am leaning towards tight now. I am just waiting to see one in person before I pull the trigger. Unfortunately I live in va Beach and there isn't a good LHS here, so I drove ALL the way to NJ yesterday for something and made an extra hour-plus trip to HockeyGiant to get the QR1, and they were closed for inventory.

Would they have had one on the floor, let alone one for sale? Not released until the 15th, right?