Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

When will the rest of the lineup (the QRPro, QR3, QR4, QR5) be available?

Saw in a tweet from the Warrior stick guy that the rest should be coming out next week (Sept. 4th or 5th).

Just got my QR1 out on the ice for the first time tonight and this thing is a blast! Slapshot a just rifle off of the blade. I switched to the W03 curve coming from an e28 so snap shots are gonna take a little adjustment, but the few wrister I took (I rarely take wrist shots) felt great!

Couldn't be happier with this thing. Hopefully it lasts!!!

Hank_33, on 20 Aug 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

When will the rest of the lineup (the QRPro, QR3, QR4, QR5) be available?

Saw in a tweet from the Warrior stick guy that the rest should be coming out next week (Sept. 4th or 5tth)

I've seen the qr5 and qr4 at sportchek already.

There's no hard date on them. So, whenever they are received in stores, they can go out.

Speaking of which, I have two skids of them to go through today.

How's the puck feel on this with stick handling and catching passes?

It's not along the lines of the one95/VDS, Warrior's DD or the CCM V130 blade but it's good. It's one of, if not, the best on the current market, IMO.

It's not along the lines of the one95/VDS, Warrior's DD or the CCM V130 blade but it's good. It's one of, if not, the best on the current market, IMO.

Inferring the blades have gone backwards in the past 3 or 4 years? I'm not intrigued to see who shares this opinion

Inferring the blades have gone backwards in the past 3 or 4 years? I'm not intrigued to see who shares this opinion

he could be implying that they have focused on other areas outside of puck feel in blade development lately.

he could be implying that they have focused on other areas outside of puck feel in blade development lately.

I'm not really implying anything. I'm just stating fact, I have a pretty damn good memory and have used just about every high-end stick from just about every manufacturer(major and otherwise) since the original Synergy...and still have plenty of them. There are three blades that stand out as the best dampened blades and I listed them.

Actually I can list a fourth but it is soo vague that I doubt more than a couple people on this board would have actually have used it. It was blade my by Fury; very thin, very light, not very durable but had a Z-tac like coating on only the face. It wasn't the blade that hockeygiant had when they were closing out on Fury stuff forever ago(it was made a few years before that) but had a red, circular logo. The blade chipped very easily but the puck feel was outstanding.

The QR1 is just below those blades. It has what I'd call very good puck feel. It's not outstanding but it's better than most. I might even like the blade more than the DD blade because the DD blade tended to get soft after a while...but when someone asks about puck feel, you answer the question they've asked.

1 week in and I'm already getting some toe chipping... Looks like I might have to take advantage of that built better guarantee.

Anybody else having these issues?

Not a single stick I've owned has had issues with toe chipping Warrior or otherwise so I'm wondering if I just got a dud

Ok let me start of by saying I have used Bauer for the past 5 years, so I've grown accustomed to great durability and puck feel.

After reading about the tech that went into making the QR1 i decided to give it a shot.

First impressions:

The stick looks awesome, it feels slightly lighter than my TO NXG and the balance is spot on even after being taped.

Taking shots in warm ups was jaw dropping i already have a good shot but with this thing the puck really moves with little to no effort the stick feels amazing when stick handling and loads up easily. i was not expecting instant gratification. My goaltender was especially pissed when he took a shot to the shoulder.

So the upsides, great look,great feel ,and great shots

Now the downside:

Coming from Bauers I'm used to only slight cosmetic wear I've had my NXG and APX2 for just under a year and they are work horses .

The QR1 came yesterday evening and already out of the box the paint had chips in it and the shaft had some pitting and a layer chip , not sure if any of these are from warrior or from mishandle by hockey monkey either way i love this stick but will be royally pissed if it breaks on day 31, even then i would definitely pick up another one.

kudos to warrior for not selling me gimmicks. you've made me a believer.

Also, i will let you know if the blade starts to chip if and when it does..

Oh...and pre-ordered one for my Little One. Will be her first Jr. sized stick.

Stick shipped today! Excited to see what the difference in shaft makes, flex won't be a big change, assuming what we have to cut.

Long story short, interested to see what she can do with a puck, with the change....

Our team issued sticks this year are the QR Pro's and I got to use it on the ice for the first time tonight. The kick on these sticks is unbelievable. Very easy to load and release shots. Puck feel, in my opinion is better than the pro stock SE models I had been using before. This is the first warrior stick I've ever used and I'm extremely impressed, especially since it's not even the top of the line model.

The only complaint/tthing I had noticed, was that when I was picking out a curve, there was a noticeable difference between some patterns. I looked at 3 W28 curves side by side and they were all different. One was less open, one was the usual W28, and the other was an absolute hook. Not sure what would cause that but just figured I would mention for all of you online buyers out there.

I am also interested in buying QR Pro. Did anyone have a chance of comparing it to QR1 or retail Widow?

Same here....I have a QR1 - it's crazy good, but also want to pick up a QRPRO and would like to know how it plays compared to the QR1

I'm also interested in the answer to this question... if the Warrior rep could let us know, that would be great.

All QR product has the same cut zone that we've used in the past. 4" free of affecting measured flex. Caveat - that it may feel different depending on the player, shooting style, ability.

Neat, I saw some Gatineau Olympiques players using black and white warrior twigs in a pre-season game this weekend, and I was wondering what they were. They look really clean. I hope they'll be under $200 - that would be great value.

Can you confirm that Warrior is supplying the Olympiques this season? Or were those twigs just testers or something?

We are involved with Les Olympiques de Gatineau as official supplier of sticks. They use our QR1 and QRPro product and also do testing for us on "new concept/prototypes". The young men that play on these teams that we have agreements with (Mississauga, Lethbridge, Gatineau, Windsor) offer great feedback and really push the durability testing for our product. Win-win for us and in the end to all you for better feeling, more durable sticks.

We also have proving arrangements likes this with some US College teams (Air Force is a main tester for us since they are on the ice year-round).

Any chance the white QR1 (seen in various social media pix) is available at retail in Canada? Reason I ask is because I'm Not sure what's going on with the warrior custom stick program - assuming I would be able to get it thro the custom program - but if custom sticks ever comes back, it appears that shipping to Canada is now a non-option (based on the current website).....

Any chance the white QR1 (seen in various social media pix) is available at retail in Canada? Reason I ask is because I'm Not sure what's going on with the warrior custom stick program - assuming I would be able to get it thro the custom program - but if custom sticks ever comes back, it appears that shipping to Canada is now a non-option (based on the current website).....

White QR1 you see in the pros is actually the same design/look as our QR3. QR1 internals with white graphic are not currently offered.

QR Pro is the QR1 but made at our facility in Asia.

Can we in Indonesia finally get a little bit of love? I don't mind buying 1 or 2 top end sticks once in a while, in fact I've owned the APX, RSII, 20K, NXG and currently using DT1 and AX1

It's just it'll be nice if i have a chance to try them first ya know, it sucks having to wait a 3 week shipment from the states, no warranty and have it broken in just weeks or found out that you just didn't like it.

Can we in Indonesia finally get a little bit of love? I don't mind buying 1 or 2 top end sticks once in a while, in fact I've owned the APX, RSII, 20K, NXG and currently using DT1 and AX1

It's just it'll be nice if i have a chance to try them first ya know, it sucks having to wait a 3 week shipment from the states, no warranty and have it broken in just weeks or found out that you just didn't like it.

sidenote: Reasons why I love this game right here. Fella is from indonesia and yet we still can have something in common

Gotta love the internet...I'm getting lit up by a dude in Indonesia over a composite hockey stick demo program.

Sorry bud, I don't have a solution for you.