Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

I just missed the cut off on last year's thread so I moved that last post over here.

Some cool things from LA Kings' skates up on eBay:

I had been wondering what the specs on Gaborik's steel might be: mega-glide, 1 1/2" 15-30. Is 15-30 a CAG profile?

Also, while the Tacks in MacKinnon's Instagram show a retail style Attack Frame, Dustin Brown's do not.

A nice up close look at Toffoli's pro-special, X90-style Nexus. I love the look of these more than anything Bauer's put out since the one90 and 95.

A nice up close look at Toffoli's pro-special, X90-style Nexus. I love the look of these more than anything Bauer's put out since the one90 and 95.

I agree, these look great. Once again proving less is more. IMHO....

I remeber seeing Valtteri Filppulas all black and a touch of silver TotalOne NXG skates thinking the same thing.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k254/a2rhino/valsskates_zpseea89a3b.png

I agree, these look great. Once again proving less is more. IMHO....

I remeber seeing Valtteri Filppulas all black and a touch of silver TotalOne NXG skates thinking the same thing.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k254/a2rhino/valsskates_zpseea89a3b.png

Those look pretty nice, but what I loved about the 90/95 shells is they imputed (in the Steve Jobsian sense) the idea of the skate in its sublimated graphics--a topographical mesh to custom wrap one's particular foot. After that they just started putting n'importe quoi on there, and there's already way too much of that in hockey equipment design for my taste. Then again, it's precisely that which can and does sway sales these days, so it makes sense going for it.

All of the LA Kings are on Tuuk LS Edge, even if they are in other makes accept Regehr (Cobra). I know this because I sit down low behind the Kings defend twice goal. As most can imagine I look for these things.

bert_zpsecf57e26.png

Tyler Bertuzzi in some 11ks, CCM branded. Nothing new having CCM on the cuff of a Reebok glove, but the CCM is on the thumb now too, which seems to show that some of the Reebok products are being rolled over to CCM.

Doug, are the Red Wings the only ones to do this?

No I saw a pair of LA Kings gloves like this as well.

Hawks, too. Saad was wearing CCM branded Reebok 9000s this season.

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. I like it. It's much better than some jerseys that have actually been released (the Buffalo thirds come to mind as well as the old 80s Canucks jerseys).

I want to say my memory is that they started using them right around then too, I thought it was pretty cool

Bingo.

It looked "right" on NYR and TOR. Now everyone does it for the sake of having them and they are played out.

You did have the square neck on the World ASG jerseys (I'd like to say 2002 in FL)

The Leafs made sense, since those jerseys were 1958 throwbacks, which had laces. I can't speak for the NYR as I don't know their uniform history.

I agree with Chippa though on current usage.

Rangers went back to the uniforms that they wore in 1951 in 1998 (solid white bottom with slightly off-set red stripe). They updated the whites to that same time period (less spacing in the stripes) the following year, and carry that look to this day.

Rangers went back to the uniforms that they wore in 1951 in 1998 (solid white bottom with slightly off-set red stripe). They updated the whites to that same time period (less spacing in the stripes) the following year, and carry that look to this day.

I'd like to see the Rangers go to their 3rd jerseys (Winter Classic?), they are bloody gorgeous. Much nicer colors.