Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

They are wearing nexus pants. Bauer still makes nike branded pants/shells for ncaa teams and iihf events.

Pants are considered part of the uniform in hockey and therefore fall under licensing agreements.

They are wearing nexus pants. Bauer still makes nike branded pants/shells for ncaa teams and iihf events.

Pants are considered part of the uniform in hockey and therefore fall under licensing agreements.

I wonder if anyone will get away with doing this for next NHL licensing deal. Imagine if all 28 (30) NHL teams had UA branded pants that were pro stock only with no retail version . . . those would fetch a fortune on ebay

oviesleeves_zpsbf9063e5.png

I know its been mentioned before with the rule changes about jersey tucks and rolling up the sleeves, but thought it was interesting watching Epix that Ovechkin has what seems to be jersey specific sleeves for his elbows. Remember seeing last year that he had similar but smaller strips covering his elbow pads but nothing this long. Does anyone know if players who used to pull up their sleeves also go to such great lengths to pull up their sleeves? I can only think of Bertuzzi who colored his elbow pads red last year.

Don't know about the elbow pads, but Ovie has a colored Locomotiv logo on the shoulder pads' bottom sternum.

oviesleeves_zpsbf9063e5.png

I know its been mentioned before with the rule changes about jersey tucks and rolling up the sleeves, but thought it was interesting watching Epix that Ovechkin has what seems to be jersey specific sleeves for his elbows. Remember seeing last year that he had similar but smaller strips covering his elbow pads but nothing this long. Does anyone know if players who used to pull up their sleeves also go to such great lengths to pull up their sleeves? I can only think of Bertuzzi who colored his elbow pads red last year.

Yea he always pulls his sleeves up very high. He has an elbow sleeve for every set of jersey, I saw this last year when he was playing against the canucks and posted about it--> (http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/64224-2013-2014-gear-sightings/page-19)

Caught Vrbata doing the same thing this year:

107EBF55-6949-45D1-A08F-2B2C548F1EC0_zps

321F85CD-738D-4BD7-8D27-B92C3E96FF72_zps

Gaborik:

460862508_slide.jpg

It looked like he did that at Columbus too: roll the sleeve back on itself. It looks close enough to get by the rule I suppose.

Gaborik:

It looked like he did that at Columbus too: roll the sleeve back on itself. It looks close enough to get by the rule I suppose.

Or, it's just being ignored after the initial push just like the no tuck rule.

from what i understand this is another move in order to put a clear CCM blanket over all reebok ccm gear. From everything I read the helmet line will be known as the ribcore line and is currentyl being worn by Hossa and I also noticed Fehr is rocking it for the winter classic.

Are those shades pro stock?

according to the caps equipment manager the other day when nhl network was showing the team practice, they were specially ordered from oakley for all players for the game. also, according to a friend of mine who works for oakley, the woman in charge of the hockey/visor department or whatever it is has a very close relationship with the caps.

according to the caps equipment manager the other day when nhl network was showing the team practice, they were specially ordered from oakley for all players for the game. also, according to a friend of mine who works for oakley, the woman in charge of the hockey/visor department or whatever it is has a very close relationship with the caps.

I was saying it in jest, but I am sure the players were experimenting with a lot of different things.

Can't wait for a pair to pop up on ebay for $5000.

Reebok buckets with CCM logos in Winter Classic game, daughter's asking / hoping CCM will still make flat-front goalie pads, guessing two lines there.

There will be. There are pictures floating around of the CCM Premier C/A for 2015. . . An educated guess is that the replacement to the XLT will be CCM. Pros will debut the pad in 2015-2016

from what i understand this is another move in order to put a clear CCM blanket over all reebok ccm gear. From everything I read the helmet line will be known as the ribcore line and is currentyl being worn by Hossa and I also noticed Fehr is rocking it for the winter classic.

It's called the Fitlite helmet

For Oakley's sake, they'd better hope that relationship is close, as well as with all of the other teams.

from talking to my friend, i get the feeling hockey visors are a very low priority for them...could be completely off, but just the feeling i get when talking to her.

Not a big deal but yesterday at winter classic i saw one of the Caps wearing a Reebok style helmet with a CCM logo on the front.

we've been discussing it on the previous page. It appears to be what CCM is calling their "new" fitlite helmet. I am hoping it offers same fit as 11k personally, but really doesn't look like much is changed

from talking to my friend, i get the feeling hockey visors are a very low priority for them...could be completely off, but just the feeling i get when talking to her.

Does Oakley even design them or does someone else license the name? I thought there is a deal with reebok or something?

Does Oakley even design them or does someone else license the name? I thought there is a deal with reebok or something?

i believe oakley makes them but the exclusive rights for distribution belong to ccm/reebok. marcelo would be able to tell you for sure though.