Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

No word on the CCM gloves most of the European teams are wearing in the WJHC? The Danish and Slovak gloves look excellent.

caught this pic today watching the game on TV

IMG_4068_zpscb234f6a.jpg

Easton Stealth CX

2ajrpu1.jpg

Where can I get these kind of thin socks? What are they called so I can google them?

***edit***

Are they called Mesh-socks?

Where can I get these kind of thin socks? What are they called so I can google them?

***edit***

Are they called Mesh-socks?

Nike Swift.

Nike Swift.

Ok. Thats the brand of one maker of those thing socks.

What should i write to google if i tried to look those online?

Shit. My bad english. Sorry.

I mean that I want to find thin socks like those. Doesent need to be nike or some big brand.

I mean that I want to find thin socks like those. Doesent need to be nike or some big brand.

So, like other types of socks similar to those?

Try 'mesh' or 'polyester' hockey socks. A bunch of companies make those type of socks, large and small. You'll likely find Reeboks pretty common.

Honestly, don't bother going after the Swift socks...they kind of suck, they're ridiculously thin, really tight and really slick when sliding on the ice. The retail edge socks aren't a whole lot thicker and they're readily available. The old Swift sock felt like better quality than the current one.

If you're REALLY dead set on Swift socks, they pop up on eBay for too much money every once in a while.

Honestly, don't bother going after the Swift socks...they kind of suck, they're ridiculously thin, really tight and really slick when sliding on the ice. The retail edge socks aren't a whole lot thicker and they're readily available. The old Swift sock felt like better quality than the current one.

If you're REALLY dead set on Swift socks, they pop up on eBay for too much money every once in a while.

Yes, I hear you.

I have now an oldschool knitted socks, and I use kneehigh anticut socks. I want thinner socks cos the temperature and sweat. :)

But thanks for the info.

And again, it doesent need to be just Swift socks, any thin and light sock will do.

Of course it would be. The marketplace for shields is 1% (on a good day) of what it would be for eyewear.

I feel like you missed a few 000's before the 1% vs eyewear or even just vs sunglasses. It would be less than 2% of most hockey stores overall business

Yes, I hear you.

I have now an oldschool knitted socks, and I use kneehigh anticut socks. I want thinner socks cos the temperature and sweat. :)

But thanks for the info.

And again, it doesent need to be just Swift socks, any thin and light sock will do.

Coming from old school knit socks, any of the newer style socks will be a big difference. First thing you have to know is they are MUCH less durable because they cut easily...that's not to say you can't use them for a long time but you'll have to repair the cuts by sewing them. Swift socks, I imagine do not sew up well because of how stretchy they are. Retail edge is less stretchy but the material is soo thin, I can't imagine they repair very well either. Pro EDGE is about twice as thick and repairs really well, I've been using the same socks for like five years and they have probably over fifty repairs on them. Even EDGE being twice as thick as the others, it's lighter feeling and gets more air flow than knit socks...these are the socks I recommend. I know they would be difficult to get in Finland but let me check to see if I have an extra pair I can sell you for cheap. Otherwise, eBay is your best bet.

I haven't tried the Bauer or Easton socks, I've heard AK makes a nice sock(they made great knit socks in the past) so I cannot comment on those...but out of the retail new-style socks I've tried, none have worth the cost in my opinion.

I haven't tried the Bauer or Easton socks, I've heard AK makes a nice sock(they made great knit socks in the past) so I cannot comment on those...but out of the retail new-style socks I've tried, none have worth the cost in my opinion.

Bauer socks (formerly Inaria) are about the same as RBK retail as far as thickness and quality, they're just shorter (which is good for most people because the RBK socks are too tall for many people).

Haven't used Easton socks.

AK socks have a ton of styles but are super low quality. Rip like crazy from minor wear.

I use pro stock reebok as much as possible because they're just soooo much better, and you don't see your shin pads through them if you happen to wear white socks on your team :)

I know they would be difficult to get in Finland but let me check to see if I have an extra pair I can sell you for cheap.

I see the magic word "cheap".

Sir, You've got my attention.

Bauer socks (formerly Inaria) are about the same as RBK retail as far as thickness and quality, they're just shorter (which is good for most people because the RBK socks are too tall for many people).

Haven't used Easton socks.

AK socks have a ton of styles but are super low quality. Rip like crazy from minor wear.

I use pro stock reebok as much as possible because they're just soooo much better, and you don't see your shin pads through them if you happen to wear white socks on your team :)

I bought our team some Bauer socks this year, as the color and pattern matches our jerseys

have to say tho, i hate them

they are much thicker than RBK's, and much shorter

half the guys on our team are 6ft or so and they run short on all of us

wishing I would have bought the RBK's, even if the color didn't match as good

Id like to get some Pro Stock for my pick up games tho, as my white ones I wear are getting beat up

wonder how much you will have to Shell out for one of those bad boys....... I still cant believe they are going white pants!

wonder how much you will have to Shell out for one of those bad boys....... I still cant believe they are going white pants!

Especially if they have lots of puck marks and board burns!