Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

Always seemed silly to me for the CCM stuff to be called RocketBallz. Maybe somebody in marketing didn't realize hockey is played with a puck?

"Hey guys, our white drivers are called RocketBallz or RBZ for short... now let's make some white hockey sticks with that name too. I can only imagine how fast our new sticks will propel that hockey ball thinger towards the goal!"

I should have asked that back when TaylorMade offered me a job :P But I definitely did ask about a discount on CCM gear (which would have been really nice but wouldn't have made up the 40k pay cut I would have had to take).

I don't know about you, but I always play hockey with two balls.

To clarify, there will be a RBZ replacement but it won't be called a RBZ, but still has a TaylorMade reference.

That being said, I don't know anything about it. I guess I'll have to follow them on Instagram.

Please tell me it won't be "Jetspeed"!

To clarify, there will be a RBZ replacement but it won't be called a RBZ, but still has a TaylorMade reference.

That being said, I don't know anything about it. I guess I'll have to follow them on Instagram.

Maybe they're following the guy who's creating it on the drawing board on Instagram :huh:

Either that or they're afraid to let folks know the down low on the skate!

There aren't too many Taylormade references to choose from, so not hard to narrow it down. The new skates do feel nice though.

It will be JetSpeed. Solid Upgrade from rbz

So I'm guessing the colors we will see on the stick will be black, blue and silver?

It will be JetSpeed. Solid Upgrade from rbz

I understand the TaylorMade connection and yes, lots of hockey players are also golfers, but it seems crazy to me to change the name of a skate / product line every other year. I can't imagine Bauer changing the Nexus line's name every other year because of a related entity.

Bauer Nexus? Oh, you mean the line that took over for the Flexlite.

It was originally Nike Flexlite that shifted over to Bauer (I know you know this) and Bauer did rebrand. That being said, I don't expect them to change a product line name every 18 months to align with another sport (again hypothetical but you get what I'm saying).

I understand the golf reference and the cross-marketing opportunities that it brings. I just think a CCM Jetspeed skate sounds like something a five year old would wear. Maybe the toe caps should have eyes and teeth painted on them, like something from Pixar!

At least Burner or Rxx would be less offensive.

... I just think a CCM Jetspeed skate sounds like something a five year old would wear...

(Not necessarily directed at boo10)

Promoting hockey equipment to kids? What a silly idea :rolleyes:

In reality, the kids care about the name and the looks, while the adults should know enough to care about the fit. One of these demographics you will not be able to reach without fundamentally changing your skate, while the other can be excited by minor marketing campaigns and name changes.

Which crowd is easier to attract?

It was originally Nike Flexlite that shifted over to Bauer (I know you know this) and Bauer did rebrand. That being said, I don't expect them to change a product line name every 18 months to align with another sport (again hypothetical but you get what I'm saying).

Kind of like how Bauer ditched the Vapor line they carried over from Nike? Oh, wait.

I understand the golf reference and the cross-marketing opportunities that it brings. I just think a CCM Jetspeed skate sounds like something a five year old would wear. Maybe the toe caps should have eyes and teeth painted on them, like something from Pixar!

At least Burner or Rxx would be less offensive.

If the skate works for you and is a quality skate, who really gives a damn what the name is? I see where you are coming from, but it's a pretty irrelevant detail. I still think the RBZ name was a stupid name for a hockey skate. It has nothing to do with hockey.