Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

It's a combinatorial right?

With two letters: 26 x 26 = 676 distinct combinations.

With three letters: 676 x 26 = 17576 distinct combinations.

That said, I think we're all growing tired of the three letter combos for everything.

Are we really complaining about the letter names of sticks when some of the most loved sticks on this site are the XN10 and M1?

As for the Bruins in the Patriots caps, it is great to see how all the Boston area teams support each other. It is easy when they are all enjoying recent success but I think you see it more around Boston than in other multi-sport cities out there.

Are we really complaining about the letter names of sticks when some of the most loved sticks on this site are the XN10 and M1?

Yes, but only because there are two separate issues here: the qualities of the sticks themselves which would have been there for people to experience regardless of what they were named, and the inanity of the _ _ _ / TLA names which are just annoying because they're so automatic now.

Not sure if posted elsewhere... CCM UltraTacks Protective as per their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150682055854945.1073741864.21050564944&type=1 Already can't wait to see the rest of it. Mods, If this post is not allowed feel free to delete.

I wonder what makes the D30 foam so good?

From what I've read it has a duel action so with high impact it has a firm state but with low impact remains soft.

Not sure if posted elsewhere... CCM UltraTacks Protective as per their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150682055854945.1073741864.21050564944&type=1 Already can't wait to see the rest of it. Mods, If this post is not allowed feel free to delete.

I wonder what makes the D30 foam so good?

Nah - that's okay. It's the only way we're getting any info on CCM's products this year.

I wouldn't know one way or the other if it's a good product or not. So, to preserve my integrity, I simply won't offer an opinion until it's in stores. And even then, I may reserve judgment.

read this on a goalie blog, "This year CCM incorporated D3O Technology into the palm of the glove. The D3O foam offers greater protection and superior shock absorption without the additional bulk typically found with beefed up palm protection. We got to sample this technology up in Montreal last fall and were amazed at how strong and protective this material is! At one point, we had a half-inch layer of D30 draped over our hands and we were hitting it with a hammer – and felt nothing!" Seems interesting I am assuming this is CCM's answer to Poron XRD

Yes, d3o is indeed comparable to Poron and available in many different forms and surfaces. I had a chance a couple years ago to work exclusively with d3o in hockey protective equipment (not with CCM). Their website also shows a ton of other applications. nicker87 is right. CCM, like Bauer, is working with a 3rd party to use their technology.

I personally prefer Poron over d3o for comfort, but given that we don't know what form of d3o CCM is using, I'll reserve judgement like JR.

Nah - that's okay. It's the only way we're getting any info on CCM's products this year.

Last year they brought Tacks back and this year, Ultra Tacks....What else would anyone possibly need to know? :facepalm:

But it's CCM. They're bound to f*ck it up like everything else of theirs...

Move on, nothing to see.

They're waiting for the 70's and 80's to roll back in....

Last year they brought Tacks back and this year, Ultra Tacks....What else would anyone possibly need to know? :facepalm:

They're waiting for the 70's and 80's to roll back in....

Maybe a few years from now, they will bring back the Externo skate line. :)

I actually think CCM has been steadily improving over the last few years.

I agree. I'm a big fan of the CL elbows and Tacks stick.

I saw that STX during the ranger game last night too. It kinda reminds me of warrior DT1lLTs design but a definite upgrade from how the first surgeon looks. CL elbows and RBZ shoulder pads are unreal. love ccm protective

I think there was an incredible jump in quality and craftsmanship from the CL to the RBZ line even. the pieces may look very similar, but the feel, function, and durability have all seemed improved to me. The CL shins did feel pretty cheap given their price tag, but the RBZ seem very well made. Also From what I have read, the CL bows had some issues with quality but they seem to have improved that with the RBZ, and mine have 0 durability issues to mention, albeit a small sample size. i am excited to check out the tacks stuff.