Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

I say only the original six. Montreal was the first to use them in 1941-42 and then went away from them in 45-46, going back to them the following season in 47-48.

From there. the Rangers started using lace necks in 51-52, Chicago in 55-56, and Toronto in 58-59.

The 1960 All Star Game which pitted the NHL All Stars against Montreal featured the All Star jersey with a lace neck for the first time.

The Hawks went away from the lace neck in 65-66.

In 67-68, the Bruins went to the lace neck, as did the expansion Minnesota North Stars, although the Stars switched away from it early in the season. The Oakland Seals and Pittsburgh Penguins used lace neck in their initial campaigns as well.

In 70-71, Buffalo came into the league with lace necks.

OK, enough jersey history...

It wasn't until this past season's Winter Classic that the Red Wings FINALLY used a lace neck.

By my quick count on NHLuniforms.com, 12 teams wear laces right now. 7 of them weren't in the league in 1990.

I don't like the tie ups on the NHL banded V collar since they don't even serve a purpose to open it up.

I think the laces should be reserved for those teams that have actual history, say maybe limited to the original 12.

I actually liked them when Phoenix used them on the initial red and white jerseys. They fit a classic jersey style. They don't fit with the more modern styles.

I agree with the above post about the lace collar being nice when it made sense, pre-edge. Would love to have seen Dallas' current set on a late 80's/early 90's cut jersey

And now everyone has them and it looks dumb.

Would love to see a team with a square neck.

10305337_790863767591847_556251836146599

I hear that the Raging Rabbits are considering a square neck.

So I'm guessing you guys don't like these laces either?

(Team Canada jersey)

I didn't care for the ''laces'' but the rubberized leaves were pretty cool

Just saw on the Sher-Wood Facebook page that they're releasing a new True Touch stick, also under 400 g like the Rekker EK15, the T120. They've got Jacob Trouba as their player ambassador.

Sounds like most of the flexes and curves will be available in October, the rest in January.

Looks like CCM is making a push for the skinny jean pants too!

wont make it to retail, I don't think many beer leaguers can pull that look off!