Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

2014-2015 Goalie Gear Sightings

I've seen that floating around for a bit now. I thought the NHL had some sort of ban on team logos on goalie gear in place. I seem to remember something involving a Penguins goalie with penguins on his pads a few years back. Can't recall all the details though... Anyone more up to speed on this topic care to chime in?

And yesterday he was in CCMs, that Bauer pic was from a few days ago.

Yeah, NHLers get all the demos during the summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him trying a pair of Warriors in a week or something.

(offhandedly, my first thought when I saw that pic was "enhance...enhance...enhance..." :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqkclCJsZs

10525616_4497904702168_57871217637789049

Some warrior's via Warrior (Christian Marois) 's facebook page.

I don't know if this qualifies as a "gear sighting" but also definitely did not think it warranted a new thread.

Does Lundqvist normally not have his boot straps through his skates?

3GyJfBg.jpg

Is he the only one who does it this way, and what benefit would you get from it?

He has done it for a few years now and it is called "Lundqvist strapping" because he seems to be the one who started it.

It pushes the pad higher up the knee so you get more thigh rise. As you can see his toe is basically visible from the front as his pad is sitting higher up his leg. It really holds up the pad from sliding down lower on the skate.

I saw him do that, and emulated by removing my boot strap. It helps me cheat when trying to close my five hole as I can point my toes up, and that pushes the pads a little closer together. Otherwise, my five hole is like open barn doors.

So his pads are a bit closer to his shins and not as far down his skates as others? That was one thing I found odd with my pads, how far down they sit on the boot (first time goalie so really didn't know how stuff was supposed to fit or feel)