Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shinedown21

Anyone ever tried this?

Looks like a good idea to me. I know the howtohockey guys had a video a while back about taping some metal flashing to the bottom of your stick for the same reason. This looks like just an actual product that does the same.

My first thought was that it looked like something out of Transformers. Then I saw OptimusReim's signature and had a chuckle at the coincidence...

Can't say the product interests me in the slightest, or that it would be useful.

I mean, I've always used an old 1-piece or a street hockey stick with a re-inforced plastic-type blade for training, and it never caused any issues.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I go by, "If it ain't broke, it will probably break sooner than later so do whatever I can to preserve its life"

For the same price you can buy another stick to use outdoors.Conceptually, it's a cool idea. Practically, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I can't stand the feeling of tape on the bottom of my blade when playing on any non-ice surface. Yes, you could cut off the tape on the bottom of the blade, but who knows how it would hold up without the tape? Plus, you could buy an ABS blade for less than it's cost (or an entire stick for around the same price as Chadd suggested). If it was in the $5-$10 range then people may try it out, but it'll be tough to move many at $20 a pop.

I think that it's a genius idea. Simple and to the point. I think the point is so you don't have to buy a new stick. Yeah it's $20, but everyone always wants to use their game stick to train. Hell of a lot better than wasting $80 on a shooting pad. Not to mention the threads on here about how to make your own shooting pad, no need too now. Hell wish I would have thought of it.

I think it's a good idea. Like Tommyj said, it's for people who have always wanted to use their game or ice stick for outdoor play as well. $20 isn't unreasonable either, I might consider getting one.

I think that it's a genius idea. Simple and to the point. I think the point is so you don't have to buy a new stick. Yeah it's $20, but everyone always wants to use their game stick to train. Hell of a lot better than wasting $80 on a shooting pad. Not to mention the threads on here about how to make your own shooting pad, no need too now. Hell wish I would have thought of it.

But you would be able to stickhandling/shoot real pucks on a shooting pad.

They want to use their game sticks but most are still in their sneakers and shooting inline pucks. I think it has less to do with consistency than showing off.

They want to use their game sticks but most are still in their sneakers and shooting inline pucks. I think it has less to do with consistency than showing off.

Valid, maybe a better idea to team up with green biscuit? maybe the ball hockey crowd?

What's the point of training w/ your "game-stick" if you're going to add something to it that'll most likely completely change the way it feels?

What's the point of training w/ your "game-stick" if you're going to add something to it that'll most likely completely change the way it feels?

Well, to be fair, none of us knows how much it will change the feel. That's one thing that might make me hesitant for example, is whether or not it will change the balance of the blade.

Well, to be fair, none of us knows how much it will change the feel. That's one thing that might make me hesitant for example, is whether or not it will change the balance of the blade.

I wasn't even thinking about weight distribution or balance, I was more thinking that having chunks of metal taped to my blade might change the puck feel of the blade.

But then again, the point of this thing is to be able to use your stick on rough surfaces so you're probably not using an ice puck on ice, which changes the feel even more. It's like Chadd said, this just a way for kids to use $200 sticks for road hockey.

I should note that I'm knocking it as a bad idea, it's just not practical.