Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x-axis

Winnipeg: Ice Rinks and Shops

Hello,

I'm planning a trip in early October because of a wedding. Never been to this part of Canada before, actually no Canadian city other than Vancouver.

Can someone fill me in?

Outdoor rinks, indoor rinks, pro shops, pro stock gear, and hidden gems of the city?

Thank you so much.

I would recommend checking out the Play It Again Sports in Winnipeg. I've never visited the store in person but I've had great experiences dealing with the owner, Greg, and some of the other staff working there via email/phone. They get quite a bit of the Jets' used equipment.

October is going to be too early for outdoor rinks. In terms of indoor rinks, the MTS Iceplex is a good place to visit. This is where the Jets often practice. If you check the MTS Iceplex website they often list the practice times and you can go watch them. Also there is a Jets pro shop there which sells Jets apparel as well as a small selection of game used sticks and gloves. If you can the MTS Centre downtown is where the Jets play their games and they are fun to attend if you can get tickets.

In terms of stores, Pro Hockey Life is good in terms of huge selection. They don't have much in the way of deals or older models of equipment but if you want current equipment they likely have it. Royal Sports (Pembina Ave location) also is a good store. Has lots of selection (though not always laid out well) and you can often find current as well as older stock and some good deals (especially on sticks). Both these stores have Jets apparel but Royal probably has the most.

Have fun.