Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Carlsbad, CA - New team looking for players

As some of you may know, a new rink is opening up in Carlsbad, CA. It is being built and run by the same guy who runs the rink in Riverside.

From what I understand, it should be open in Sept/Oct. I would really like to put a team together and start playing there instead of Escondido. We'd be in about the D5 or D6 skill level (whatever the lowest they offer is).

Anyone out there interested?

My brother moved out to San Diego and is looking to skate, any idea on timing for the league yet? I will pass along the info to him.

My brother moved out to San Diego and is looking to skate, any idea on timing for the league yet? I will pass along the info to him.

I think the rumors are the rink is supposed to open in late September or so. I'm going to email the guy who runs the place to see if I can get any detail.

I got confirmation the other day that the new rink will be opening early October. With that being the case, I don't plan to sign up for any fall leagues elsewhere, and I'll just play pickup until it opens.

It seems we may have about 5 or 6 guys already to put a team together. Need some more, and definitely still need a goalie. Anyone out there interested? Again, div 5/6.

I got confirmation the other day that the new rink will be opening early October. With that being the case, I don't plan to sign up for any fall leagues elsewhere, and I'll just play pickup until it opens.

It seems we may have about 5 or 6 guys already to put a team together. Need some more, and definitely still need a goalie. Anyone out there interested? Again, div 5/6.

Does the rink have a website or anything yet? Spoke with my brother and he seemed like he would be interested. Want to give him some info on the rink so he can figure our how far the drive from LaMesa will be.

Does the rink have a website or anything yet? Spoke with my brother and he seemed like he would be interested. Want to give him some info on the rink so he can figure our how far the drive from LaMesa will be.

No website yet as far as I know. I don't know if the place even has a name yet.

If you want to know how far it will be, it's at 2283 Cosmos Ct, Carlsbad CA 92011. It's right near Palomar Airport.

Looks like the adult league info is now posted:

http://icetowncarlsbad.com/adult-hockey/adult-league-info/

League starts Nov 17. Anyone still interested?

I am interested, and I'll lay out my experience and skill level to see if it is a good fit. I'm 35 years old and have been focused on learning to skate (inline did seem to help accelerate the curve a bit with basic forward/backward and forward crossovers). I'm currently taking the hockey skating class at the Kroc and just purchased full gear. My plan is to get "beginner league ready" by going to stick time at Iceplex twice a week and hopefully do the adult clinics at the Kroc and/or SDIA and UTC ice to make sure I'm skating 3 days a week.