Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zjack38

Lebron to Cleveland

Its a great thing for Cleveland sports, a Cleveland team might actually win a championship something we haven't had in a really long time.

Great players don't have to go searching out teams that are already successful in order to give themselves a chance to win. Most people outside of northeastern Ohio still think he's a douche.

I love how he makes it all dramatic. I think having a friggin TV show to announce "the Decision" (the first time) definitely didn't help his image as a diva.

Great players don't have to go searching out teams that are already successful in order to give themselves a chance to win. Most people outside of northeastern Ohio still think he's a douche.

Iginla? Bourque?

LOL

The proof is in the pudding.

Anyone recall the Dunk contest where Nate Robinson and Dwight Howard were going at it Superman vs. Kryponite style? As the crowd was at max volume, who runs to the emcee and grabs the mic, and says, "I just wanna announce that I am making myself eligible for consideration to he in next year's dunk contest." Of course, he did not make himself eligible to compete. Just couldn't stand to have all the attention off of him.

Something happened a few years ago too when LJ got dunked on by a high school graduating senior at some event. I think it may have been Evan turner who dunked on him. I don't recall the exact story, but it was ill what happened,to the people who recorded the event, if my memory serves me.

And then just the things he regularly says, (regarding he and 'Melo and who would be picked first), "that is not as significant as who is gonna get the endorsements." I dunno, just obnoxious thing to say.

And the cramps, being carried off, calling for a conspiracy when the A/C went rout in SA? Please.

So yea, I was hoping that LJ and 'Melo would go to LA, and give me incentive to root against LA like I used to do when I lived here from 2001-2011. Best basketball event for me I this millennium is easily the Detroit Pistons running that LAL team 4-1 in the finals in 2004. That LAL team was as obnoxious as I find LJ, just all the shenanigans with Shaq, Kobe, Mailman, and Glove. For example, I always liked the Glove, but I recall him complaining after a wink one of the early rounds when LAL was just handling everyone, that he doesn't get the ball enough in the he post enough. And then Shaq always telling the media that it was his team with all his metaphors. Anyway ea, I haven't watched an NBA game in years (after having watched 100s or even maybe 1000s from the time I was a kid), but if there was a douchebag (don't get me started on 'Melo) Union to be formed in LA, them I might actually become interested in this now cursed league.

No yea I don't "hate these guys cause they got money," there are plenty of rich guys who I can't find any reason to dislike, but these guys just seem to serve up repulsiveness at a frequency similar to the rest of us, when we enter the rest room.

Yea I didn't I watch enough (any) hoop to hate on MIA the last few years, as I just lost interest when LJ was still on CLE. I just couldn't tolerate watching him light everyone up and just be so annoying all the time, so I retired as a pro hoop "fan." I could have supported SA against MIA these last couple years, but SA is hard to get excited about unless you are in SA. I already liked all the guys on Horne DET team prior to their being united in the early 2000s, so to me, their title was just epic.

Iginla? Bourque?

LOL

I still have mixed feelings about Bourque asking out of Boston to win a Cup.

As for this whole Lebron thing, he is just trying to repair his image.

Iginla? Bourque?

LOL

I wouldn't call Iginla great and Bourque was what I would consider the rare exception. The other that I can recall off the top of my head would be Gretz going to New York. Boston's ownership was a disaster at that point and the team was not interested in bringing in talent to play with him. Far more common in hockey are cases like Hossa or Richards (not the great players) signing in Chicago to play with Kane and Toews (the great players).

As for this whole Lebron thing, he is just trying to repair his image.

Agreed, he's trying to paint himself in the best possible light.

I still think LeBron's situation was a bit different because the Heat were not true contenders at the time. The plan was to get certain players at the same time to make them a contender. Miami was the only team with the ability to take on those salaries and gutted the team to do it.

I still think LeBron's situation was a bit different because the Heat were not true contenders at the time. The plan was to get certain players at the same time to make them a contender. Miami was the only team with the ability to take on those salaries and gutted the team to do it.

I'll agree with that but he only went there because they promised to build the basketball equivalent of the superfriends.

I wouldn't call Iginla great and Bourque was what I would consider the rare exception. The other that I can recall off the top of my head would be Gretz going to New York. Boston's ownership was a disaster at that point and the team was not interested in bringing in talent to play with him. Far more common in hockey are cases like Hossa or Richards (not the great players) signing in Chicago to play with Kane and Toews (the great players).

Agreed, he's trying to paint himself in the best possible light.

Boston ownership hasn't changed but the team culture has changed. It started with fans finally staying away to protest Jacobs, Sinden, and O'Connell (aka Sinden Jr.). When Chiarelli was brought in that began the transformation in Boston and it continued with the addition of Neely to the front office. Having a team president who is that invested in the fortunes of the team no longer allows the old Sinden/Jacobs standard of "let's be good enough to make the playoffs and hope for a good run and they'll keep coming" to rule.

Its a great thing for Cleveland sports, a Cleveland team might actually win a championship something we haven't had in a really long time.

If they end up with Kevin Love, a championship is definitely in CLE's future. That's a big IF though.

Hinkie keeps build towards the future. I know there are a fair share of my fellow Sixers' fans that don't like what Sam is doing. I'm just glad the guy realizes that to win a championship in the NBA, you need to be one the top 4 teams in the league. The Sixers, since the run in '01, have constantly been in the cycle of mediocrity. At least Sam is willing to start all over again instead of these patch jobs. Cleveland should be the favorites out of the East now.