Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Pain in toes during skating?

Does anyone else have this issue? It's not pain due to length. My toes just feel sore and stiff. I can still feel it today, after I skated last night. Is it due to to the crappy Bauer footbed? Am I putting too much pressure on my toes when I skate? It's annoying and painful.

I was getting a similar issue with Bauers. No Pain just the area right before the toe cap felt like i was being smushed into a small area. This was causing some numbness and circulation issues. It was mainly occuring on my left foot. I had LHS widen the boot slightly and it did the trick. Skated last couple times with no issues.

Are you clenching your toes when you skate? I used to have toe-cramp-like pain after skating, but when I became conscious of the fact that I was squeezing my toes as I skated and made an effort to stop it, that pain went away.

My Bauer skates did this to me too I thought I was getting some arthritis in my feet or something crazy. Switched out to the Superfeet insoles and I haven't noticed in since so either that was the cure or it just took breaking in new skates.

Get some Graf SIDAS insoles, should take pressure off your arch/toes/metatarsal if fit properly, and improve overall foot circulation. They are the most important piece of equipment in my bag, hands down.

You might need a slight widening of the boot, or like others said, you might be clenching your toes the entire time and not realizing it.

I'm going with possible to clenching as said above. If the boot was narrow the pain would be more toward the side of the foot