Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

preventing stinky skates

alright i recently purchased missions and my old skates i only had for two years and they absolutely reeked. what are some good things to do to help prevent this from happening.

Take them out of your bag when you get them home and dry them out.

Put them in front of a fan or vent to get air circulating through them.

If your feet sweat bad, pull the insoles every time.

Take them out of your bag when you get them home and dry them out.

Put them in front of a fan or vent to get air circulating through them.

If your feet sweat bad, pull the insoles every time.

well that what i did with these except use a fan i just put them outside. even took the insoles out

What kind of socks are you wearing?

i usually wear the bauer core socks. even though they are a bitch to get on

Then I'm guessing the fan is the trick. Think about how little normal room air circulates into the toes.

A boot drier would be even better (even unheated) because the tube can carry air down into the toe and leave room for air exiting.

I use a blow dryer on cool. The best blow dryers are the professional tapered tube units that blow a LOT of air. It doesn't have to be your girl friend's (or your) $200 Chi, just something that blows lots of air.

I usually take them out when I get home and pull the insoles out. Then stand them up-side down so any moisture is pulled away from the wheels/chassis and leave them in front of a fan over night. No smell or problems so far.

I usually take them out when I get home and pull the insoles out. Then stand them up-side down so any moisture is pulled away from the wheels/chassis and leave them in front of a fan over night. No smell or problems so far.

I do that too but good god they stink. Never had an issue with any other pair of skates so I'm guessing it's the liner in the makos.

the best luck I have had is when I was hanging my skates upside down and spraying them with some vinegar to kill the bacteria, but I haven't been doing that since the flood happened, however I am buying a rack system and will continue doing this again. you get a light vinegar smell but its better than some of the stank I was having before.