Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iammerson

Shoulder Pad suggestions

Hey so its been ages since I had to actually buy shoulder pads but after 10 plus years I had to retire my jofa pads. Looking something that is not very bulky and trying not to spend more then 70 bucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Your best bet would be going with shoulder pads from Reebok, since they take after Jofa. I have the Reebok 5K shoulder pads and I really like them, as they do not restrict my mobility, however, they stopped making them and you won't be able to find your size. I would recommend the 14K's since they are in your price range (http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hockey-shoulder-pad-14k-sr.html). A lot of the Reebok shoulder pads have been picked over online, but I think they are exactly what you are looking for in terms of a low-profile design.

I just bought Crazy lights on clearance. They can be had for as little as about 100 for a top end pad, its a pretty good price. More in your price range would be any closeout CCM pads of the lower levels. You may want to check out the RBZ 110, looks like a solid value

Unless you actually want protection ;)

That's what I was thinking, some pads just give the illusion of protection. We have a guy on our team who wore the Reebok 7K padded shirt (which gives nothing for ice), and he lost it before the last game of a tourney. He was freaking out, like, "I can't go out there without any armour up top. I mean, I know that the shirt does not actually give me any protection, but it tricks me into thinking I am protected." And he was seriously stressed lol.

I just bought Crazy lights on clearance. They can be had for as little as about 100 for a top end pad, its a pretty good price. More in your price range would be any closeout CCM pads of the lower levels. You may want to check out the RBZ 110, looks like a solid value

I tried on a pair of those today, really nice pads.

I have Mako M5's that I like a lot. Cost more than $70 though. I also tried them on against a set of RBZs and while the RBZ were lighter, I felt the M5 had better protection, especially in the bicep area.

I have Mako M5's that I like a lot. Cost more than $70 though. I also tried them on against a set of RBZs and while the RBZ were lighter, I felt the M5 had better protection, especially in the bicep area.

The Makos have great chest protection without being bulky.