Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jds

Shout out to old friends

So I'm at at my LHS and I realize that I don't recognize the new models. It reminded me of the point that I have not been active on MSH for some. The bookmark for the MSH site is still in a prominent spot MSH on y laptop. Every time I see it it I feel a pang of regret for not visiting in some time. Not because I didn't enjoy the discussions, but, rather, because I seemed to have moved on to a new obsession/hobby. I still play hockey-something I only started five years ago at the age of 44 after years of regretting not trying it sooner. I tend to set goals for myself as I age and jump right into things that I was too chicken to attempt in my youth. Hockey was one of those things and the joy I got from learning how to skate, shoot ( sort of) and all of the other stuff that comes with learning a sport-especially the gear :) I realized that I needed to find some balance in my life and that I couldn't make up for 40 years of non-hockey life at this stage in the game and needed to spend some of my attention on a variety of activities and priorities besides hockey and building my glove collection :) as much as I enjoyed it. So here is my point in this post. I wanted to say that The community that is MSH is like no other. I was welcomed despite my rookieness ( is that a word?). I was allowed to test products. I was invited to Winterfest ( coolest event ever ) and Summer Jam ( who gets the chance to have their foot broken by an Easton rep?) and met and chatted with people all over the continent and even the world. I also accumulated a lot of kick-ass gear which was fun, despite the drain on the bank account. I even got the chance to meet members in person who were super cool (Cole, Matt , JR, etc etc) and who I could consider friends ( many others too many to mention). I have been on other forums that fit my newer interests and the nastiness and lack of support astounded me. I no longer spend much time on these sites. I was expecting the tone that I had grown accustomed to on MSH. It became apparent that the community at MSH is made up of a special bunch who don't throw stones but, rather, support and encourage each other because of their shared interest. You guys are fortunate. I miss my daily log in to the site. I miss the community. My post count may be close to zero but I still feel lucky to have been part of this really cool community and still wear my MSH t- shirt and hat with pride- though I am not quite as stoked about those pro-stock Sharks gloves-I mean, teal? Seriously? Congratulations on a great community and a great bunch of folks. Maybe I'll see you at an open shinny some time.

Scott

• Like 2