Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WillieTaliban

W71 Pacioretty Curve

Does anyone know of the closest thing to this curve that is available? I like the big hooks and this thing is a beauty, but I'm still trying to find options that aren't the $260 QR1. I use a Coffey now but this looks even better.e9ygaby5.jpg

BASE has a ton of blade patterns to choose from, I'm sure you could find something from them.

BTW, what lie is warrior calling the W71? I know they stopped advertising it because of confusion, but is there anyway to find out now?

PP77 is the closest pattern available at most retail locations. The W71 is slightly deeper and more open.

I normally use a P88, and the Patches feels slightly higher than that.

I compare all stick lies to Easton's, and I would say this pattern is in-between 5.5 and 6

Looks a lot like Montreal's old PC (which I heard stood for Paul Coffey) both in curve and blade face shape, but that was at a lower lie, roughly 5. Loved that pattern.

Saw it in person on a QR1. Ridiculous curve. But hey, to each his own. If Ovi can use his banana curve and still manage to shoot five-hole with authority, I'm sure there are some people who will be able to use this.

Crap I was really hoping this curve would be close to or at 5 lie. Looks like I'll be sticking with a W28. Thinking of buying an E36 too just for fun...

"Depth: Very dep" idk why i got a chuckle out of that.

How open is it compared to the w28?

It's much more closed that the W28.

I thought I remember seeing that it was called the W71 because it was loosely based off the Malkin pro curve. Don't remember where I saw it though.

P46 is similar, but the blade is not as tall, nor is the curve as pronounced.

Which one it taller? P46 or W71? I need a tall blade because I play on garbage ice with pucks that never move smoothly along the ice surface and are constantly skipping and jumping.

Picked up a QR1 Paccioretty and found it to be the closest pattern to my ideal as I could find. Unfortunately even with toe taped the blade started to split/chip after one game. Couple questions, is Warrior keeping this pattern around ? IE is it selling ? Don't want to fall in love and then have it discontiued. I have been using 5 lies and this seems to be a 6. It feels long when cut to same legth as my other sticks, how much should I take off to accomodate lie ? I was thinking maybe an inch

Maybe an inch is right, but start smaller, since it's much harder to get the balance the same making the stick longer again than making it shorter. I'd go in 1/8-1/4" increments, or something like that.

Did he say 5 as in Warrior's 5? Their lies often compare with a number higher with other companies: Their Savard, they call a 4, when Easton or Bauer would call it a 5. In this case, that would make the Pacioretty comparable to a 6 by others' scale. Both can be right, the assumption that blade lies are universal being laid aside of course.

I too like a big hook. W88 from warrior is nice...especially from moving from p88. But the curve I really like and recommend is the p46 landeskog, but that is too open for me...the p71 is wickedly more open...but may contact base to see if I can get one of their blades to try.

Have u on also looked at Sherwoods pp14 plekanek curve? I can't wait to get to see that curve in person