Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyers10

PS3 vs PS4

Have a PS3 now and use it for some gaming, blu-ray movies, and Netflix/Amazon movie streaming. Along with improved game play what else would I gain and possibly give up going to a PS4?

If you keep the ps3, you wont have free online gaming, and Nhl 15 won't be as fun. The ps4 has a better controller to.

I'm in the same boat with the Xbox. Have yet to see a reason to buy the new one. The game libraries for both systems is terrible.

I have a ps3 and see no reason to switch yet. As Optimus said above, the game library doesn't have enough quality yet to justify the switch. My plan is to buy one around next Christmas once the library has expanded. Price should drop a little bit by then too plus the odds of getting one on sale sounds better than paying full price.

I currently have an Xbox Slim and, as Optimus said, I don't see any reason to upgrade to the One. That being said, I'm actually considering switch back to PS (specifically to the PS4) but don't know when to do it. I pretty much play sports games so the library isn't as much as a factor for me. I've always like MLB: The Show and want to be able to play it again.

I have a ps4 and all in all its a solid system although i did prefer the free online gaming I had with my ps3. Dollar for Dollar xbox owns the online market and ps4 servers have issues. I mostly just play battlefield 4 due to the lack of library. If you chose to wait to pick one up you would not be missing out on much.

My PS3 broke a few months ago and I had the same questions. I have always been an early adopter of new tech so I went with the PS4. Not a lot of games out yet but that will change over the next year or so. If you don't have to make the change now I would wait to get the PS4.

I keep on rocking the PS3. Games are cheaper, old games will not play on PS4, and graphics comparisions still do not justify doing away with my trusty system. I know at some point I will have to in order to play newer games but for now with games on both systems I'd suggest waiting till price drops.

i have a PS3 now and will probably get a PS4 later this year when they have the sales. not that many good games our for it yet, so dont think im missing out on anything.

I have both, at the moment still play my PS3 more but that will change once GTA V remastered comes out for PS4. Graphics comparison is no question, PS4 games look great, I currently have Infamous: Second Son, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and The Last of US remastered, which looks insane running at 60fps on PS4 compared to the PS3 version. The one thing I'm not happy with is PS4 has no media streaming capability or the ability to install movies/music directly onto the hard drive of the system. Why they didn't implement that racks my brain. Also the light bar on the DS4 controller can get kind of annoying when you're playing in a dark room, but they finally added the capability to dim it a little because it was way too bright at default settings. I've been a PS+ member for about two years now also so the "free" games once a month also is nice since some of that have been pretty good.