Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCBlueLiner

My Day at the Hockey Shop - CCM Helmets

Ok, so I doubled up on the topic. First a question. I bought my son a CCM V08 helmet last season. He loves it, problem is the online shop I bought it from sent me one that expires this month Aug 2014 (USA Hockey rule). Needless to say I am a little upset at only getting one year out of the helmet. So now I am searching around for a V08 helmet, medium, white and can't find one anywhere. LHS guy tells me today that CCM isn't making those anymore and are going forward with the Resistance line. Is this true? If so too bad, the V08 was a nice helmet and my kid loves it.

Now to skate fitting. I wear old CCM Tacks, Black Tacks to be exact, and I decided to try on some skates while in the LHS today. The guy who owns it is a former teammate so he let me try a bunch of pairs on so I could get the feel for each model and when I help the players I coach fit for equipment have some background with the equipment. I tried on some Tacks. no go. Skate was way too thin and I could barely get my foot in. I finally did get it on and it pinched fierce. Tried on some Ribcores and they fit great up until the ball of my foot, on the side, right before the big toe starts. Some pretty good rubbing and irritation there. Finally I tried on a pair of Bauer Supremes, fit like a dream. Hard for me to say this being a CCM guy but they fit great. Next order of business is to try on some RBZ's. He didn't have any in my size.

Yes the V08 is being discontinued, with the Resistance series replacing it. Hockeymonkey is showing a white medium in stock, but only with a cage. For some reason only the cageless V08 has a clearance price. The one with the cage is $90.

I might pick up a V08 myself before they are all gone.

I may be wrong.. but I'm almost positive CCM will be making the V08 along side the resistance line. At least that's what I thought I read somewhere. No more V10 but the V08 will continue. I could be wrong though.

I may be wrong.. but I'm almost positive CCM will be making the V08 along side the resistance line. At least that's what I thought I read somewhere. No more V10 but the V08 will continue. I could be wrong though.

I hope you are right. When I saw the V08 had clearance prices and many sizes and colors out of stock I kind of assumed they were no longer making them.

The V08 helmet is in the 2014 CCM/Reebok catalog. It's just called the V8 helmet. So based on the catalog I think they still make it.

The V08 helmet is in the 2014 CCM/Reebok catalog. It's just called the V8 helmet. So based on the catalog I think they still make it.

or maybe instead of fish oil pods they fill the pods with tomato juice ;)

I didn't realize V08's had been around long enough for the HECC to expire.

We're all getting old.