Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Powertek

Honestly, from everything I have seen of Powertek I would stay far far away from anything that is supposed to protect you. Maybe the padded undershirt would be okay as that would supplement something else.

Both the pants and the C/A do not look protective at all. The materials look really cheap and flimsy and from the equipment I have picked up before it will be bad.

If you need a cheap C/A look for clearance older models. This year I have found top end Vaughn, Brians' and Reebok for <$270. And for chest protector that is a piece you really don't want to skimp on.

Cool, thanks for the input. I'll steer clear.

Not that I would ever give them my money, but what do you think of Tron's C/A? Just curious.

I really liked the CCM C/A when I was at goaliemonkey the other day, though I did not try any on (I plan to not be buying a size XL by the time I'm ready to purchase!)

I haven't seen it in person so I can't really comment. But just from the pictures it looks really cheap like the Powertek one.

Those Powerteks look like they would be good for nothing more than ball hockey. What's your budget? I'd recommend going with a Canadian made C/A like McKenney or Simmons instead. ($300-350 range)

Thing about this that kinda jumps out at me immediately is the back of the wrist protection. Most gloves have an extra layer on top of that cuff. I would not wanna get slashed on the wrist wearing that sucker.....

the material in the ones people say are better looks like something that belongs in protective equipment. the powertek material, from the photos, looks like it belongs padding a cheap bar stool.

What are you seeing that makes them cheap? I can't tell the difference just by looking at photos. They all look the same to me.

It looks like it is significantly lacking in the padding department. Look at the bicep area for one, there's nothing there! The quality of the nylon looks low end and I've seen gym mats with more padding than these. Not to single out Powertek but if you were to compare Bauer's entry level offering, the Classic, to their mid or pro level pad you will be able to see the difference.