Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

GRIT HockeyPod

I've always been intrigued by GRIT's products, and I had tried a HT1 a few years back, but the issue for me was two-fold; a bit heavy (for someone who wears a lot of light/minimalistic gear) and the bigger problem, that it didn't fit in my trunk.

However, they've come out with a new product - the HockeyPod. It's got the standard GRIT compartments on the inside, however, in a sling style wheelless form.

pod1.JPG

The lid also has compartments as well as a wet/dry bag that attaches to the left top of the bag.

pod2.JPG

The strap can be switched for right or left arm carriers.

pod3.JPG

They've managed to shave down a considerable amount of weight by going with a composite rod to hold the bag in place as opposed to a steel construction (which is in their HT2 and first-generation Sumo bag.) The rods flex and snap into plastic holders on both ends of the bag.

pod4.JPG

As you're able to see, I was able to fit all of my equipment with ease. Skates are 10.5D for reference (so a big boot). More room can be created on the bottom by pulling the shelf up higher, but since I don't use standard pants or shoulder pads, I dropped the shelf down and put my toiletry bag on the shelf.

pod5.JPG

The best part is that it fits in my car trunk, and even though it has one strap, the balance is great - my back fits right in between the ends of the bag. I've been able to walk through doors in my apartment without the bag hitting the jambs.

I'll update this thread as I use the bag.

I'd like to thank Greg Collins at GRIT for sending it to me. I've chatted with him throughout the years and he's had some great ideas in this category.