Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrTrololo

Skate fit problem Heel lift in right skate

if your feet are roughly 24cm long...id still think about getting a boot which is the right length... especially if you are going custom

Ihave already got size 6 (Graf size. means smaller than Bauer) in right (fits always) and for my messy right I got 5.5. And toecup from 5 size Boot. Now my toe is numb. Ive stretched it but its still numb

Yesterday have tried stable 26 socks in size M.

Conclusion:

It helps, that's true. But still it's not so perfect as my left foot. Padding is soft, - less responsive. That's why Bauer skates have very small amount of foam inside.

Wear only right sock. inside pad 4mm outside pad is 6mm.

Still struggling with my numb toe.

thats 10 mm of silicone in a skate......thats how far off skates can be for certain people and a reason this product is essential in skate fitting. I have had people with up to 12 mm! Hope there working better soon!

thats 10 mm of silicone in a skate......thats how far off skates can be for certain people and a reason this product is essential in skate fitting. I have had people with up to 12 mm! Hope there working better soon!

Hi,

could you please share with me some recommendations about stable 26 product. what else can I try?

I've seen guys use a combination of Stable 26 socks with the EZeeFit Ankle Booties; that may be an option you can try. I'm not sure of their silicon pad combinations or ankle booties thicknesses.

I've seen guys use a combination of Stable 26 socks with the EZeeFit Ankle Booties; that may be an option you can try. I'm not sure of their silicon pad combinations or ankle booties thicknesses.

Wow, thank you!

That's pretty informative. I'm going to buy just those silicone tubes, don't know whats the name of it.

Hi,

could you please share with me some recommendations about stable 26 product. what else can I try?

I would say with your issue on that foot try 4x4 or 6x6. if you bought the extra pack (thats the only way to get 6mm) then you should have enough to do that and a 4x4 in the other foot thats not an issue

I would say with your issue on that foot try 4x4 or 6x6. if you bought the extra pack (thats the only way to get 6mm) then you should have enough to do that and a 4x4 in the other foot thats not an issue

I have tried 4x4 already. Will definatelly try 6x6 on my right foot. thanks

First impression after using stable26:

socks are thick indeed. If you are the one who likes snug fit and barefoot feeling - those socks simply too thick. Even normal dress (casual) socks are much thinner.

BUT silicone pads are great. I have just glued them inside of the boot and it works!

I have tried the Stable 26 Socks and like the feel but by the end of my game the pads have usually shifted out of position. Then when I pull my foot out of the skate the sock inserts are half in and half out of the hole. Kind of a PITA. Takes me at least 5 minutes to get the pads in right and then another 5 minutes replacing them after playing. Not the easiest things to get back in once they are out. Do you guys have the same problem?

I have the same problem as the original poster. My left foot feels great but a little heal lift in my right. Makes me feel like I have to over-tighten my right skate to where my foot goes numb.

I have tried the Stable 26 Socks and like the feel but by the end of my game the pads have usually shifted out of position. Then when I pull my foot out of the skate the sock inserts are half in and half out of the hole. Kind of a PITA. Takes me at least 5 minutes to get the pads in right and then another 5 minutes replacing them after playing. Not the easiest things to get back in once they are out. Do you guys have the same problem?

I have the same problem as the original poster. My left foot feels great but a little heal lift in my right. Makes me feel like I have to over-tighten my right skate to where my foot goes numb.

Im using the tape to get it right in place.

And you have an Easton Mako skates? they cannot fix the problem? Im surprised.

Maybe those skates with the air bladders might help?

I used to have Bauer skates that had gel in the ankle area that conformed pretty well.

I have thought about wrapping my feet in food wrap and then injecting silicone caulk into the heel and ankle area to get a better fit, too. I might try that when my current pair of skates wear out.

Maybe those skates with the air bladders might help?

I used to have Bauer skates that had gel in the ankle area that conformed pretty well.

I have thought about wrapping my feet in food wrap and then injecting silicone caulk into the heel and ankle area to get a better fit, too. I might try that when my current pair of skates wear out.

Thanks,

I have tried those skates with Pump technology. - it does not really work. because of the location of the bladder, - it's not so deep down, it's just only around bones.

Your idea with the custom made silicon padding is actually very interesting. thanks

And you have an Easton Mako skates? they cannot fix the problem? Im surprised.

The Mako skates are great but I think my right foot is a half size smaller than my left. I should have bought a half size smaller and then had the toe punched on my left foot in retrospect. Baked the right skate twice and tightened the laces during the cooling process to try and form it a little closer to my foot but only helped a little. I also heated the heal section of the right skate and pinched it in on my heal which helped but still feel like I need to overtighten it to eliminate movement.

I also tried the Reebok skates with the pump and that did not work at all for me. Ended up returning them because I had to reinflate one skate everytime I went to the bench. Guess it had a leak but thought they should fit without using the pump. It's a good idea but poorly executed in design.

YTou may have to add more to the one still lifting. If your really having a n issue with them coming out we have found if you go to a store that does heat transfers you can get a number one and cut a piece to cover the hole and transfer it it over the hole and it stays. Then the silicone will not come out. Try that and let me know.

Has anyone tried ezeefit ankle booties as an alternative to the stable 26 socks? I know some have said that they add thickness all the way around and not just at the heel.

I found that the 4mm pads go in a lot easier than the 2mm and don't shift around or come out as easily. But, now that I want to do to ur skating barefoot the 26's aren't an option. So to get a little bit of build out of the heel I'm thinking of giving the ezeefits a whirl.

I changed the pads around in my Stable 26 socks and I think I may be on to something that will work. I put both 2mm pads in my left sock and both 4mm pads in my right. The 2mm pads are more likely to shift out of the hole but seems not to do it as bad having both in one sock instead of having one in each sock. So a 2mm on the inside and outside of the left sock and a 4mm pad on the inside and outside of the right sock. May need to order the 6mm pads and try one in the right sock. Not sure whether on the inside or outside.

I tried the ezeefit ankle booties and didn't like the way they felt inside the skate. Another guy on my team tried them and didn't like them either. I bought him some Stable 26 socks and now that's what he uses. He was also having trouble with the 2mm pads staying put so i told him about the "1" heat transfer number trick. I may try it when I figure out the right combination for me.

Been wearing 28k's with stable 26 socks and ezeefit ankle booties.

Left foot - 4mm pad on inside and 2mm bootie.

Right foot - 6 mm pad on outside and 4 mm inside and 2 mm bootie. Could dial it down to 4 and 4 and a 3mm bootie.

This setup seems to be a vice grip on my heels and ankles, but still allows me enough ankle flexing to maneuver.

Oh ya, and I use the 55 flex eyelet extensions.

Skate blade is a 9' radius, neutral profile.

Been wearing 28k's with stable 26 socks and ezeefit ankle booties.

Left foot - 4mm pad on inside and 2mm bootie.

Right foot - 6 mm pad on outside and 4 mm inside and 2 mm bootie. Could dial it down to 4 and 4 and a 3mm bootie.

This setup seems to be a vice grip on my heels and ankles, but still allows me enough ankle flexing to maneuver.

Oh ya, and I use the 55 flex eyelet extensions.

Skate blade is a 9' radius, neutral profile.

Hi,

those 55 flex eyelet extensions are on both skates? and what is your weight? how havy you are and what are skates ?

Hi,

those 55 flex eyelet extensions are on both skates? and what is your weight? how havy you are and what are skates ?

Weigh 175 lbs, 5' 9". 28k's size 6. 55's on both skates. It has allowed me to dial the profile back to neutral instead of a +1, which made my center of balance too far back, to now being balanced across the whole foot. They're as advertised, meaning you get that forward flex that's so elusive when you tie all of the eyelets up to top. And you get the lateral tightness too. So no sloppy or unstable feeling like some will get when you don't tie top eyelet.

As far as the stable 26 socks and ezeefit booties, they work best in conjunction with each other as opposed to by themselves. Meaning, in my case, if I used a 6 and 6 in one skate yes it would give a nice locked in feeling, but the problem was that it pushed my foot forward and that would create some heel lift. And I have skinny ankles so there's was a lifttle too much room there for my liking.

So using thinner pads and the booties has provided the best of both worlds. Heels are locked in and ankles are too, but there's stil the necessary natural movement in the ankles that you need, and you get the benefit of tight skates up top for lateral stability and massive forward flex with the 55 flex.

Oh, and I can't use any type of insole that has an arch - so no superfeet or ccm currexsole's. I have found that I like to be flat in my skates, and the shockdoctors are the best for me for that.

So now that I have found this fit, I can instantly tell any deviation from it.

The moral of this story is to try them both together. Even if it's the 2mm pads and the ultrathin bootie. Anyone with heel lock issues should be able to benefit from them together.