Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Mission Inhaler DS1 Gloves for Ice Hockey?

Does anyone know if the Mission Inhaler DS1 gloves skimped out on protection, since they are marketed as an inline glove? I play in an ultra hot, ultra humid rink, and I sweat buckets, so "Warm gloves" are like water makers on me. I asked a similar question about the Mission Inhaler helmet, and turned out it was ice ready. I have been wearing the Inhaler helmet for ice, and find that it releases my heat much better than my old Re-AKT (which I have since done away with).

I play forward and tend to steer clear of pucks, but ya never know when some schmuck is gonna whack at one's hands right, and catch a thumb that has minimal padding. We never know too when a slapshot from the point that I am trying to deflect may get a thumb. So, that is really my concern, I would rather have nasty sweaty hands and a robust thumb guard/ all around padding, than drier hands, and be at risk for injury.

But, if these are beefed up/ ice ready, then I think these may be the gloves that I was looking for. Obviously, I do not expect these gloves to offer Bauer Nexus 1000 type protection, but if they offer protection comparable to the other tapered gloves (Bauer APX/APX2, Easton HSX, Warrior Covert, CCM Crazy Light, etc.)

Anything else that I ought to be aware of if using these for ice, then please let me know.

I have been wearing Warrior Covert DT2 Bone:X gloves, which are rather protective, but no ventilation, and stiff cuffs, so I will not miss them.

Didn't 4 rolls have vents? If so maybe look to find a cheap pair of those if you'd wanna protect your pocket

Didn't 4 rolls have vents? If so maybe look to find a cheap pair of those if you'd wanna protect your pocket

4 Rolls are even worse. It's like having your hands inside of an oven.

Bauer 4 Rolls are microwaves! I love them for Ice but I've worn them playing roller and sweat buckets in them. They get sopping wet. Makes me think those vents are just for show.

4 Rolls are even worse. It's like having your hands inside of an oven.

Bauer 4 Rolls are microwaves! I love them for Ice but I've worn them playing roller and sweat buckets in them. They get sopping wet. Makes me think those vents are just for show.

Really?? Are the Nexus' like this too? I don't think they have vents which is why I just said the 4 rolls. What would make them so hot? Just the materials being lackluster or something?

Vents on back roll are quite useless I think. A glove with mesh gussets is preferable for better air circulation. I wonder why they dont make the old mission wicked or those with 3 fingers? Its the best glove for inline.

I think* the Ds range of gloves is based on Bauer Vapors but with extra ventilation. I'd imagine mission wouldnt want to skimp on protection for gloves..seeing as the chances of you get slashed or smacked in the hand by stick/puck are the same in ice and inline.

I think* the Ds range of gloves is based on Bauer Vapors but with extra ventilation. I'd imagine mission wouldnt want to skimp on protection for gloves..seeing as the chances of you get slashed or smacked in the hand by stick/puck are the same in ice and inline.

That is what I was thinking; just curious if my thinking is proper.

And I hate 4 roll- vented or not, they just feel so clumsy on my hands.

Did you look at the Warrior DT1? They look to be hugely ventilated between the Chillwave liner and mesh gussets. If you liked the DT2s, that might be your glove.

I would recommend the DS1 for sure. Duel density foams and plastic inserts would keep you protected and combo that with the perforated materials and 37.5 liner so you should be cool too.

I would recommend the DS1 for sure. Duel density foams and plastic inserts would keep you protected and combo that with the perforated materials and 37.5 liner so you should be cool too.

It is looking like I am gonna grab these. Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to seeing if the vents and 37.5 can actually keep my hands reasonably dry.