Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meals

Tech Help Needed...how to watch Ranger Games

Well I am locked into a contract with AT&T and they don't carry Center Ice...how can I watch the most NHL Games? Most of the Games for the rangers are on MSG, but AT&T doesn't carry it...well at least the guy at the store said they didn't.

Someone on my team told me I might be able to watch them on a PS4???? I don't have a PS4, so I have no idea how that would even work...

So I moved to Austin, TX and the channel lineup is a bit different here...

Sorry as I posted something else about the Rangers, but I might break my contract and pay the fee to watch more hockey games.

Looks like a few providers carry NHL Center Ice, but my Question is...is it worth it? I really want to get MSG, and it seems with a PS4 (which I don't have) I could watch some games as well.

Just looking to find out what you all use to watch the best/ most games.

But you will probably get hit with blackouts if you're in the NY area.

The cable companies have hockey fans by the balls in the NY/NJ area (I'm sure its the same elsewhere...). I have to pay an extra $20 a month to get the MSG channels on my cable plan. If I were to dump the cable and just go with game center, pretty much all of the Devils games are blacked out. So either way, I lose...

Game Center is streaming internet. Center Ice is from television providers.

I get Center Ice but want to be able to stream at work wit out having to sign up for both. Does anyone know if there is anyway to stream w a Center Ice subscription? Seems kinda if it's not an option.

I just do game center and then use my appletv to watch the games. I haven't been a Center Ice subscriber for years (nor have I subscribed to a TV provider either, for that matter).

Any games that arent on gamecenter... I watch them elsewhere. In a probably not legal way so I'm not going to say in public.

What is the quality of Game Center on a big screen?

Fantastic. Not quite Center Ice HD quality, but to only have to have one subscription it's an easy tradeoff. Probably about like watching a DVD on a big TV. Not as great as bluray but definitely can't complain either.

Gamecenter Live streaming for me through Roku, PS3 and PS4 all look fantastic in HD, waaaaaay better than DVD quality. They improved the streaming quality through those devices last season and it was a noticeable difference from the 3 seasons I had it before. There's more replay options when using it through PS3/PS4, but for some reason the stream stutters a little more than when watching on my Roku in a different room. Either way I love Gamecenter and the ability to pretty much watch games anywhere.

I signed up for Game Center...will let you know my thoughts...last nights game was on MSG and was not shown on game center...seems like they are not playing any preseason games.

I signed up for Game Center...will let you know my thoughts...last nights game was on MSG and was not shown on game center...seems like they are not playing any preseason games.

NHL Network will broadcast a few random preseason games but center ice has not generally carried them in the past.

Gamecenter Live streaming for me through Roku, PS3 and PS4 all look fantastic in HD, waaaaaay better than DVD quality. They improved the streaming quality through those devices last season and it was a noticeable difference from the 3 seasons I had it before. There's more replay options when using it through PS3/PS4, but for some reason the stream stutters a little more than when watching on my Roku in a different room. Either way I love Gamecenter and the ability to pretty much watch games anywhere.

But still not blu-ray 1080p quality. Maybe 720p...

Gamecenter is pretty much ignoring that pre-season exists. Once the regular season starts up though it will be worth it. I love the iPod lay-out. News and videos along with roster info and the ability to always listen to a game's radio broadcast is great. I love switching between home and visitor announcers during a controversial call or goal. Some hilariously different points of view sometimes.

Thanks for the help Optimus and CartyGo

I have a iPad and watched some old games, looked pretty good. I was thinking about getting a Roku is it worth if or am I better off putting that money to a Xbox or PS4? I'm not a big gamer, but for when I want to watch a game on the big screen.

gamecenter works great. Use Hola to change your location on your laptop/PC browser so you can watch blacked out games. I use my macbook air to watch. I can watch lightning live because gamecenter thinks I am in Australia vs. Tampa. :rolleyes:

gamecenter works great. Use Hola to change your location on your laptop/PC browser so you can watch blacked out games. I use my macbook air to watch. I can watch lightning live because gamecenter thinks I am in Australia vs. Tampa. :rolleyes:

Google chrome has an app called Stealthy that worked for me last season so that I could watch the Kings when they had early East Coast starts and I was still stuck at work. It's a bandwidth hog, but once you get the feed up and running you can disable it and watch like normal again.