Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2014-2015

It may have occurred solely because of Krejci's injury, but I'd much rather see Eriksson skate with Soderberg and Kelly on the third line. I'd like either Spooner or Fraser to play with Krejci and Lucic.

Eriksson and Soderberg should definitely stay together but I think I would like Spooner with them. He doesn't have the size/strength to play the down low Krejci/Lucic game.

The season opener was painful to watch. Seidenberg was off key. Lucic looked awkward. Sharks vs Kings game was on a totally different level, for instance.

The puck was bouncing like a tennis ball all night and the line set in stone is Bergeron/Smith/Marchand. Outside of those guys and Soderberg/Eriksson there isn't a whole lot of familiarity up front. Lucic was missing Krejci and playing with a couple of guys who are more rush players than down low guys.

Still early, but I am concerned that the game is evolving into a more uptempo skill game and I am afraid Clode won't or will refuse to adjust.

Besides that, they need a legit top line RW. The Frasiera and Griffiths of the world just aren't good enough.

I think the Bruins are too slow and do not have enough talent among the forwards. The Bruins did nothing to replace the leading goal scorer (Iginla) and then traded away for picks one of the top four D (Boychuck). However, Chiarelli was in a bind.

Lucic seemed very peripheral last night. Is he dealing with injuries already?

Lucic had offseason wrist surgery.

Talent up front isn't the issue, simple execution is. How many passes yesterday were in skates, totally missed the mark, or were deflected out of the zone when guys tried to force plays back to the point? They're also struggling with chemistry as they keep tinkering with the first and fourth lines. Spooner is a talented player, they should stop wasting him with Paille and Caron.

Robbins on waivers. He was a fun story, but hopefully they're done with him. His biggest impact is going to be scaring opposing players with a serious injury.

I think Robins has to clear waivers due to age and years pro in order to be assigned to Providence. I don't think they're looking to cut ties just yet.

It might not have mattered, but that was a horrible call against Lucic at the end. That would have been a regular check until Emelin turned himself -- for no reason, since he had already dumped the puck -- into the boards with Lucic no more than eighteen inches away and gliding.

It was pretty weak. Not that it really mattered, the Bruins didn't put in a full 60 minute effort.

I think this team just needs a change. Chiarelli is a little too committed to "his guys" and Clode isn't willing to deal with players who aren't above average in the defensive zone so I doubt anything will happen. I said a few years ago, things were too comfy. No one really feared for their job. The team went into training camp with predetermined lines and have done so since before the cup in 2011.

I didn't see the third period so I only caught a quick highlight of the hit. In that it looked like Emelin turned late but I didn't see enough of the lead in to the hit. I'm sure Montreal fans will say he saw numbers the whole way. Also, what was up with Lucic taunting the fans? That certainly won't help how he is viewed outside of Boston.

I stepped through that play on the DVR. Lucic was coming in shoulder-to-shoulder until Emelin turned into the boards, after dumping the puck, when Lucic was eighteen inches or less away. Even to draw a call, I find it crazy that Emelin would expose himself like that; I'd much rather have someone shoulder me into the boards versus being driven chest first into it. I don't think it would have impacted the outcome, but what bugs me is the refs rewarded a play which really should have resulted in Emelin saying, "Why did I do that??"

I agree that Lucic has to stop being a punk, just as Marchand (and Subban) have to.

And I'd rather see Spooner skate with Soderberg and Eriksson, have Kelly skate with Paille and Campbell, then see how much Gagne has left in the tank by putting him with Krejci and Lucic.

Every time that Gagne has been bumped up to the top line in the last two games good things have happened. I think he may be starting out on the 4th for games to manage his minutes since he has been so long away from NHL game action.

I have no doubt that Bartkowski has NHL skills, but I just don't think he has the right brain to be an NHL defenseman. I'd seriously consider trying him at forward.

Then again, two D are out for weeks and I was wrong about moving Kelly to the fourth line, so these are just wild musings.....

They'll be missing some beef on the blueline for a while. The interesting word I heard Julien use talking about Bartkowski recently was "awareness". He just doesn't seem to realize when he has trouble bearing down on him and makes bad giveaways that get the Bruins stuck in their zone.

Maybe we should challenge how they'll possibly survive the loss of their captain more often, because that was by far their best effort of the season, including Tuukka.

If they can just keep playing the Sabres then the boys are golden. It is funny what a difference a month makes. They have gone from 8 healthy, NHL calibre defensemen to 3 via trade, injuries, and the backslide of Bartkowski.

I did not like seeing them take nine players, toss their sticks in the middle, and change three lines! You could just tell there was no rhythm because there wasn't enough familiarity.

I know he was looking to prod the players, but I could see one switch that might smooth out the talent, although it would break up a line that's been performing well. I know others have been down on Kelly, but 'm not; I think he's particularly solid defensively, but I don't think of him as being fast enough or prolific enough to be a top six forward. I think he'd be great with Campbell and Paille, while I think Gagne has shown enough creativity that he'd probably do well with Soderberg and Eriksson.