Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2014-2015

I think that Julien will be the one of either he or Chiarelli to get the boot. Coaches only have so long with a team before their message gets stale, especially when the core has been there so long, and his clock seems to have simply run out.

Lucic is the easy name to pick as a core guy to get moved simply because he is on the last year of his deal. I think we have seen the last of Campbell, Paille, McQuaid, and possibly Soderberg. I am unsure about Bartkowski. He definitely played better when he was brought out of pressbox exile. I am just not sure if there will be space for him. The set pieces (barring trades and a couple of these aren't likely movable) are Chara, Seidenberg, Hamilton, Krug, and Miller. They seem to like what Trotman did down the stretch and they've also got Morrow on a cheap NHL deal.

The biggest question is how do they backfill that 4th line. I liked what Talbot brought but who will be skating with him next season. They still have enough pieces to do some mixing and matching with the top nine. Yes, I believe Marchand isn't going anywhere and we will find out shortly what exactly was wrong with him because there was something holding him back.

If roster changes are coming, and we all know they are, do you want Chiarelli handling those changes? As stubborn and loyal as Clode was to "his guys", the same holds true for Chiarelli.

But, if you're going younger and you want to play a bit more of a speed game, Julian has to go.

I think Chiarelli gets at least a couple of months into the next season. Had Krejci stayed even marginally healthier and Connolly not had the busted finger we could be talking about how the third in the Atlantic Bruins might fare in the playoffs.

I think Chiarelli gets at least a couple of months into the next season. Had Krejci stayed even marginally healthier and Connolly not had the busted finger we could be talking about how the third in the Atlantic Bruins might fare in the playoffs.

Or they moved Kelly at the beginning of the season instead of Boychuck....

I don't think Kelly was as attractive to other teams with 2 years left on his deal. There can probably be more interest this summer/fall in Kelly than there would have been last year.

Well, that means the clock is ticking on Julien since every GM wants to pick his own coach.

That's why I'm surprised that he wasn't let go today.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they think they can get some compensation for him from another team. I heard that a few times that last few days.

I didn't say they could get anything. I doubt they could and I don't think they will. I was just saying what the possible delay would be in not firing him today.

That's why I'm surprised that he wasn't let go today.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they think they can get some compensation for him from another team. I heard that a few times that last few days.

Same thing Pittsburgh did with Bylsma

It isn't like he's an unrestricted free agent. What team will give you something for a guy that you're dumping, anyway?

Most coaches are assigned scouting or other duties after they are relieved of head coaching duties. They are still under contract to the team.

There is also a chance the next GM will want to keep julien, why fire him now? Really doesn't benefit the team to do it now

Many coaches are offered other gigs with their teams but they aren't obligated to accept them. Their contracts are to be head coach and there is nothing to stop them from collecting checks from their couch.

It is very rare for an incoming GM to keep the incumbent coach.

Many coaches are offered other gigs with their teams but they aren't obligated to accept them. Their contracts are to be head coach and there is nothing to stop them from collecting checks from their couch.

It is very rare for an incoming GM to keep the incumbent coach.

I agree, it's tough for a coach to keep his gig with a new GM. However, I do believe Julian has a better than average chance at it. He's a decent coach who's system - while mind numbingly frustrating - has shown it works and as recent as last season.

Can the new GM convince Neely to keep Julian... Can Julian adapt to a more uptempo style.... Will he be willing to go through the growing pains of playing youngsters.... That's the big one right there. He has to be willing to play kids and let them make their mistakes.

I agree, it's tough for a coach to keep his gig with a new GM. However, I do believe Julian has a better than average chance at it. He's a decent coach who's system - while mind numbingly frustrating - has shown it works and as recent as last season.

Can the new GM convince Neely to keep Julian... Can Julian adapt to a more uptempo style.... Will he be willing to go through the growing pains of playing youngsters.... That's the big one right there. He has to be willing to play kids and let them make their mistakes.

that's the thing too, unless the Bruins can lure Babcock, who is out there that is better than Julian? maybe McLellan if hes out of San Jose.

I am hearing that Babcock wants to be the highest paid coach and also wants control over the roster. Neely has stated he wants more control over the roster, not sure how that would jive with what Babcock wants.

Is McLellan better than Julian? Good question. Might be a little more in tune with what Neely and company want to see in terms of style of play.

McLellan doesn't seem to fear youngsters like Julien fears them.

And that fear ties the hands of a GM.

I am hearing that Babcock wants to be the highest paid coach and also wants control over the roster. Neely has stated he wants more control over the roster, not sure how that would jive with what Babcock wants.

Is McLellan better than Julian? Good question. Might be a little more in tune with what Neely and company want to see in terms of style of play.

in my opinion, he and babcock are your only upgrades. I know I may be partial as a wings fan, but they are both great coaches. Sharks issues are more player personnel issues IMO. I think if Neely were to lure a Babcock type coach, he would make an exception, but outside those two, im hanging onto Julien if im a Boston GM.

Interesting twist. Most media outlets have led us to believe if Sweeney got the gig, Julian was his guy.

Anyway, not sure how I feel about this, I feel kind of cheated. Just makes me feel like Chiarelli was the fall guy. Like last year when they vowed to get younger and faster, then let Shawn Thornton go.

Sweeney has had a hand in developing some of the kids on the farm so I expect that he and Julien would clash over Julien's love of veterans over kids. If Julien stays on then it won't be for long unless he changes his ways.