Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2014-2015

The D forward way of thinking is not working for the bruins right now at all. they have no scoring power out there. lucic needs to be on a line where he can plant his big body in front and clean up garbage and right now they are asking WAY too much from him. Krejci still isn't a top line center in my honest opinion. a top line player in the nhl should avg a point a night and david doesn't do that yet. bergy is asked to play that defense first game and he is amazing at it but he has a great scoring touch i would like to see him open that door up and focus on putting the puck in the net more.

Gagne was the man before multiple concussions he still needs a bit more time and a better pairing for sure. i have liked what i see from him but playing on the 4th line is not his game. The silver lining here is that the sweedish boys are looking real good together.

the bruins can't rely on the 2-1 or 1-0 games the nhl is so fast and talented now the scores are all higher and the B's have no chance at doing that until they can get a scorer.

with the D issues injuries happen but man with the trade of Johnny B and then this it puts a lot of heat of the management team for sure.

Only 5 players last season totaled 82 or more points. I guess there aren't many top line guys in the league today. Krejci just had a 7 game point streak last night. He is top flight and scouts around the league will tell you so.

The entire Bruins system is predicated on defense to offense and a balanced attack. It seemed to work pretty good when they were third in the league in goals scored.

i think he is a very good player but i don't think he is elite center in the league like people make him out to be. i think he has reached his full potential and the ceiling with a team like boston. the d forward thinking would work great if your best D-man was not 37 and second guy coming off knee surgery who is also in his early-mid 30's krug is an offense first defense man but has a ton of potential, the others are either very young and need serious grooming and i'm not a fan of mcquaid.

as for the point per game avg, there are over 12 guys who had an avg of a point per game on the chart or were a point off. just because they didn't score 82+ points dosen't mean they didn't avg a point a game tavares played 55 games and 66 points there are a few guys like that on this chart too. im just saying we put all our hope in him and he has some great hands matbe he could be better with a nice sniper firing in his passes.

It was a quick and dirty way to prove my point, you're saying there are only 12 top line guys in the league? There are many who think Griffith can become that shooter they are looking for on the top line.

Again, the Bruins were 3rd in the league in scoring last season so how about we see how things are going by the quarter pole? Then we can throw out the baby with the bath water.

Not looking good, Krejci just came off a 7 game point streak and Griffith is showing signs of figuring it out at the NHL level in his last few games.

i see your point but the whole team is not gelling like we would like. i hope by 15-20 games in they get it and go on a tear.

i'm also sad to have lost old man Inginla he had a lot of talent still and was a good locker room guy too.

we will come back to this the start of December and see where they are, fingers crossed i love the B's my man .

You can't compare Krejci's points to someone who plays in a more offensively minded system. Anyone on the Bruins is going to have depressed offensive stats because Julien plays a D first system.

Great third period last night but I don't want them getting used to the idea that they can just turn it on late in the game. We've seen how that can turn on them in the past.

I think this was a trap game for them: one of the league's worst teams comes in to play a team that's finally playing to its billing, and it's too easy for the top team to kid themselves that they don't need to play hard.

What's impressing me is after maybe four years of stumbling with their drafts, Chirarelli and company have finally figured what type of player fits their system and -- whether through draft or free agency -- have built up organizational depth. One defenseman has oodles of talent, yet only about 130 games, while three others combine for about 20 total games, yet the team has been able to climb back to respectability.

I'd buy the trap game argument more if they didn't just face the Panthers on Tuesday. They should have realized after that one that they can't take the weaker teams lightly.

Wish I could say I didn't see that coming. I don't know what was worse, the horrible beating they took, Doc and Pierre, or that stupid moving camera.

Road weary and back to back are obviously not when the Bruins are going to perform their best. I do laugh at the spin Habs fans are putting on PK .....ahem.......standing up to Lucic.

What's interesting about the back-to-backs is all four times they play the Habs is on the second night of a back-to-back, while Montreal will be rested. And even on one of the home games, the B's will have to travel in the night before.

I think the young defense showed its cracks this week, getting beaten a few times by the speed.

Between that and the whole "what happens on the ice goes in the press" of the Habs I'm not expecting much of this year's rivalry games.

I guess Cherry called out PK for the way he kind of stood up to Lucic. He showed Malkin getting mean in defense of a teammate.

Between that and the whole "what happens on the ice goes in the press" of the Habs I'm not expecting much of this year's rivalry games.

I guess Cherry called out PK for the way he kind of stood up to Lucic. He showed Malkin getting mean in defense of a teammate.

You guessed wrong. If you actually listened to the segment, you should know that Cherry was saying that skilled players like Subban and Malkin shouldn't be acting as enforcers, and he blamed the instigator rule for it. But it's a lot more fun to put an anti-hab spin on it, isn't it?

Still don't understand why it's not Lucic, Soderberg & Eriksson when Krejci is out. wish Clode was a bit more flexible with those sorts of things.