Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2014-2015

I think I'd rather see Spooner try that spot and leave Kelly on that third line.

Unfortunately, Caron has been recalled. He must have compromising pictures of Chiarelli.

It's funny how the transactions work:

On Saturday, Lindblad and Caron were called up, but only Lindblad played.

On Sunday, Lindblad and Caron were sent down.

On Monday, Pastrnak and Caron were called and, hopefully, only Pastrnak plays. As small as he is, I'm curious to see what he can do.

The only thing that matters -- and the Kings proved this again last year -- is how a team is playing at the end of the year. If they get Krejci back and twenty games to gel, we'll know how competitive the B's could be then.

That said, it was cool to see Claude go all excitable and pull the goalie earlier than 1:10 remaining......

The Bruins, despite, a relatively poor neutral zone game dominated in puck possession in my opinion. Some poor execution on the D's part cause a few turnovers, though. The, as usual, dominated in the 3rd period. It was the most exciting 3rd I've watched live so far.

What do you, guys, think about Seidenberg's hit on Toews? It looked like Seidenberg was really making an effort to hit shoulder-to-shoulder and it wasn't ill-intended. It was shoulder on the back of the shoulder and not square in the numbers, for sure. I hope Toews is back and is alright.

The Bruins, despite, a relatively poor neutral zone game dominated in puck possession in my opinion. Some poor execution on the D's part cause a few turnovers, though. The, as usual, dominated in the 3rd period. It was the most exciting 3rd I've watched live so far.

What do you, guys, think about Seidenberg's hit on Toews? It looked like Seidenberg was really making an effort to hit shoulder-to-shoulder and it wasn't ill-intended. It was shoulder on the back of the shoulder and not square in the numbers, for sure. I hope Toews is back and is alright.

Watch the lower body, Seidenberg drives Toews into the boards. When you get hit low, and it lifts your center of gravity, you have no control over yourself at all. The shoulder contact wasn't the problem, though that contact spun the upper body and made the end result of the lower body contact more dangerous.

I don't think intent was there at all either, its just simply a situation where he should have held up but didn't. I feel he had enough time to adjust to Toews playing the puck, had Toews suddenly moved into it, that would be one thing, but Seidenberg clearly has to see Toews is skating to play the puck and alter the way he approaches that.

Watch the lower body, Seidenberg drives Toews into the boards. When you get hit low, and it lifts your center of gravity, you have no control over yourself at all. The shoulder contact wasn't the problem, though that contact spun the upper body and made the end result of the lower body contact more dangerous.

In my opinion, the lower body was simply positioned for leverage and if you look closely, it is Seidenber's upper body shovel-throwing move that makes primary contact shoulder to the back of the Toews shoulder. Seidenberg is skating towards Toews so, of course, he'd be driving into his opponent but the way his skates are positioned at the point of contact tells me that he is slowing down. In any event, technicality aside, one can make an argument that the hit was not principally from behind but form the side, shoulder-to-shoulder.

I don't think intent was there at all either, its just simply a situation where he should have held up but didn't. I feel he had enough time to adjust to Toews playing the puck, had Toews suddenly moved into it, that would be one thing, but Seidenberg clearly has to see Toews is skating to play the puck and alter the way he approaches that.

I can agree to that but it had happened so fast! I mean, my eyes were locked on that play, I could have blinked and missed it. I suppose, Seidenberg could have reached for the puck well in advance but he would have had no chance of separating Toews from it.

that's the thing, professional athletes need to be able to make the smart play. personally I feel he had enough time to adjust, make a smarter play, but I think the penalty was sufficient when you take intent, and other things into account. I felt the only way he would see any suspension would be due to the fact that it was toews, but smartly the NHL saw it correct in this case. definitely a penalty, and a play he shouldn't have made, but malicious etc, I don't think so.

It looks like afterwards, kane hugs Seidenberg to let him know everything is going to be ok, and that they could all still go out for ice cream after the game.

The initial point of contact was the shoulder, though that was not where the larger force was delivered.

I've read that the B's have concerns about Lucic being a bit rudderless without Krejci, so they've been searching for the line combination that works for him. The problem I have with that, though, is two lines with decent offensive production have been broken up. I'd rather see them keep Kelly-Soderbergh-Eriksson together -- because those guys were playing well for the first 4-6 weeks -- put Lucic with Campbell and Paille, then craft a defensive fourth line from call-ups.

I don't think they'd be searching for offense as much as they have been if they went in that direction.

I've read that the B's have concerns about Lucic being a bit rudderless without Krejci, so they've been searching for the line combination that works for him. The problem I have with that, though, is two lines with decent offensive production have been broken up. I'd rather see them keep Kelly-Soderbergh-Eriksson together -- because those guys were playing well for the first 4-6 weeks, put Lucic with Campbell and Paille, then craft a defensive fourth line from call-ups.

I don't think they'd be searching for offense as much as they have been if they went in that direction.

That's a great point. I hate to see lines that are working being broken up to fix a problem with one guy.

Svedberg was the best Swede of the night. The Bruins looked like a team that played an overtime game and traveled the night before at points and he made several key saves.

Svedberg's been the best Swede all year. The truth is he's outplayed Rask this season and Julien has to know it. However, given Rask was last year's Vezina-winning goalie and is signed for six more years, I'm sure they want to give him every chance to recapture his edge from the last couple of seasons.

That's got to be eating away at Julien, because I suspect he realizes their best chance of competing this year would be with Svedberg, but Rask is clearly entrenched as Number One.