Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CathyGo

Graf attack holder?

Ran it by them tonight and the guy I like wasn't there. At first they thought I just didn't know how to tighten the screw. :rolleyes: They also said thread locker so it's on them if it doesn't work and that runs me out of the warrantee period. I'll buy some fresh blue and hopefully that will be the end of it.

I know this is an old topic, but I recently had the same problem with my Graf's. I called they put me on with their skate tech expert. I forgot his name, but apparently he's the custom skate guy and the fella that handles all the NHL skates so basically, hes the man. I described the problem and he seemed frustrated with the overseas production skates and told me they used the wrong hardware which causes blade clicking and tightening issues as others have previously posted. He shipped me out fresh hardware and the problem has been completely solved, no clicking, no hardware spinning in the holder, no bottoming out.

Ive taken some photos of the differences in hardware. You can see how easily the old hardware could spin due to the smaller diameter head and rounded corners. The new bolt has much tighter tolerances and thicker as well as square edges.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Did you have the two washers installed as well when you had issues with the steel clicking?

On May 6, 2016 at 1:58 AM, mickz said:

Did you have the two washers installed as well when you had issues with the steel clicking?

I did.  They were oriented with the cups of the washers facing up, if that makes sense. I also noticed the old style bolts are a little longer which leads me to believe the nuts were bottoming out before being able to snug the blade all the way up in the holder. My clicking issues were in the front of the blade/holder.

The proper solution to the spinning anchor bolts was using the machined bolt with the square cut head as shown by Frequency247.

The concave washers should be installed so the curve of each is facing away from each other.

I always use 4 washers, alternating the curvature. I tighten until I feel the washer start to crush and the curves trying to resist.

In any holder, you will have to re-torque as the steel settles into the plastic holder. This is the same with all plastic holders. Except for the QuikBlade Holder. The QuikBlade holder has the runner lock into steel pins.