Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Gent

Looking for a shop to do a tendon guard replacement

I have a pair of Bauer Total One NXGs on which I need to get the tendon guard repaired. They are for my 14 year old son, and he will need them in about a month as his current pair grows tighter by the day. I opted to go with these skates because the pair of Vapors a friend was offering to sell didn't feel right to him, and he's been in Supreme skates since the One75s back when he was a squirt. Normally, I buy him mid-grade skates, but he likes the "bomb-proof" protection these give him from blocking slappers playing D. He's in a pair of size 6 NXG pro-stocks I got off eBay right now, but as I said, he'll soon need to move from the 6s to the newer size 7s because he's already in an 8.5 shoe and is crammed into the 6s.

Since I got them super cheap (like $100 USD shipped in otherwise fabulous shape...almost new), I didn't care so much about the guard since I planned to get it repaired / replaced. However, being in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, I'm not sure anyone can actually do the repair. I'll ask the one shop that might be able to do it tonight, but in case they can't, what I need is a reputable LHS that will let me ship them the damaged skate, do a repair that feels natural and looks somewhat close to stock without the missing piece, and send them back. I have a FedEx account and will generate the shipping labels for both directions to save them the hassle.

Thus, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to anywhere in the US that can do this for a reasonable price, but would pay a little more the closer to the stock look and feel they can get. If you have ideas for me, you can post here or PM me.

Here is a slightly fuzzy phone pic of the skate:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kUwE1ZrmFza2dRaXlXYmVxdUk/view?usp=sharing

Thank you to anyone who can send me in the right direction.