Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akravetz

New Titan sticks

The key with the Jofa brand coming back is that the gear needs to kinda have the same look but with better material or foams. Honestly, what 40-something wouldn't want to sport a helmet that makes them look like the Great One.

That Jofa gear is still the best in my mind. It was reduced to incredibly simple stuff that did what it was supposed to. It could just come back as it was, without the Reebok branding and glib shelf-appeal added to the sauce.

Careful with those. I had a Canadien with the fiberglass laminate on the sides. I grabbed it last year to hit some pond hockey. The fiberglass had started to shred. I had fibers all over my gloves' palms.

If you mean the sides of the shafts, they're just bare wood. And I don't use them, anyway.

I handled one of the Titan 2020s in the store when I was there the other day. Didn't buy as I hadn't told the wife I was gonna get a new stick. Anyway, felt heavy compared to my Mako and stiffer. Kinda like my old wood Titan. Not terrible but it honestly felt good. I am sold on one as a backup stick.

Andy in Peoria

It isn't high-end product.

That Jofa gear is still the best in my mind. It was reduced to incredibly simple stuff that did what it was supposed to. It could just come back as it was, without the Reebok branding and glib shelf-appeal added to the sauce.

People forget how poorly Jofa protective did in stores. It was too much protection for the average.

It isn't high-end product.

People forget how poorly Jofa protective did in stores. It was too much protection for the average.

I do remember that, and it always baffled me back then too. The elbows were too much for me when I was younger but the shins and the shoulders felt so much better than anything else I tried on, especially the shins. I mostly had lower end models of their shins, but they had the same anatomical shape all through the line. Even the lower end ones were great for aggressive, competitive hockey. I never bought a pair of their gloves though. They always felt impossibly stiff...maybe they would have broken in nicely, but they were just way too firm and bulky for me to move in them.

So far, I have used my Titan in two or three beer league games and seem to like it. It's a bit heavy but that's to be expected for a $59 stick. I got the cheap one. And I will say this, everyone who sees it has a smile when they notice the name. Thinking about a quick review if the mods want it.

a review on a stick of this nature is a great idea. I don't believe in all my time here that the mods have ever shot down a review just because it isn't top end spec.

IMO there aren't enough mid end stick reviews. Go for it!

It is steep, but there are a lot of people interested. It's that nostalgia pricing. A lot of classic 90's shafts still sell for $90 and up on eBay. I love the simple graphics from back then, but probably because that's when I was a teenager. Most of the new sticks are far less cosmetically pleasing to me.

There are three up on eBay right now. Not cheap, but for specific vintages, sometimes you must pay more.

I still have one of these!

It is steep, but there are a lot of people interested. It's that nostalgia pricing. A lot of classic 90's shafts still sell for $90 and up on eBay. I love the simple graphics from back then, but probably because that's when I was a teenager. Most of the new sticks are far less cosmetically pleasing to me.

Well said. Seinfeld has a bit where you can tell when a man's prime was by the style of clothes he wears b/c he'll wear it for the rest of his life. If they never stopped selling 90's gear or put 90's graphics on modern gear, that's what I'd use for the rest of my life.

And to be fair, the only reason we are talking about a Titan in the first place is because CCM which is owned by Reebok saw a way to make money by taking a stick they already had and rewrapping it.

Would this be a way for CCM to test the market and introduce more Titans sticks with the phase out of the Reebok brand?

Would this be a way for CCM to test the market and introduce more Titans sticks with the phase out of the Reebok brand?

I don't think so, they really already phased their stick lines over to CCM. Considering its a Total Hockey exclusive release, its just utilizing the name recognition to sell some mid-low end sticks.