Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
enis750

CCM RBZ 130

Height - 6'1"

Weight - 200 lbs

Pant size - Large

Level of play: Rec Hockey Div. "C" and Pick UP (2-3 times a week)

Fit (& Mobility) - I struggled ... and I mean STRUGGLED trying to find a pair of pants that fit me correctly. I tried on every size and literally every pant offered today, and a selection from the past couple years too. The LHS were probably sick of me trying on the world. Yes Im a tall dude, but not your typical fat arse beer league playing guy. I am somewhat lanky but in great shape IMO. Waist size I should be in a medium, but the length just isn't there. Large's feel a bit big in the waist, but almost have the length I need. Now I was hesitant to try the CCM's because research on here states they have the shortest inseam of them all .... well I disagree. The medium's in these were too short (just like the rest of the medium's on the market) and the waist was a bit tight. The large fit perfectly in the waist and when you open the 1" extension on the zipper in the waist ... BOOM, we have a clear winner. I can't believe more OEM's don't have this option, its pure genius. The CCM's fit a tad bigger in the legs, with more of a classic fit which I prefer. Mobility is a non issue, they stay with your body when you skate and keep you protected. 10/ 10 easily

Protection - I tried on the 150 and top end RBZ pants, and felt they offered actually TOO MUCH protection. To the point where I didn't feel like I could move in them easily enough. I always look for good tailbone protection in a set of pants. These have a nice tapered tail bone protector that gets wider near the bottom w hard plastic in it. Bust your tail bone once and this becomes a priority when you buy new pants. The 150 and 130's were so close in terms of fit and feel, that I opted for the $50 cheaper option and went with the 130's. 10/10

Weight - I am not sure how these compare looking at actual numbers, to other OEM pants, but they feel plenty light to me. 10/10

Durability - A month into wearing these they still look brand new to me. No stitching coming loose, nothing tearing and the embroidered logo on the from of the leg is still in tact. I feel that a long term review on this part would better suit this review, so my score is somewhat skewed IMO. So far so god tho. 10/10

Conclusion - I owned an old pair of CCM's before these and they lasted a very long time (sorry can't remember what model they were). The local WHL team wears CCM pants and I figured I would give em a shot. For me the most important thing was the fit, length and tail bone protection. For $99 these pants are a steal. They offer everything I needed and more. For you taller guys who need the length out of a large, without a super huge bully pant, these do the job. 10/10