Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUINS_FAN_74

Hockey retailers Northern San Diego

Already been to Sports Monkey and SD Ice Arena, so is there any quality hockey retailers near Carlsbad/Vista? Might hit up Hockey Giant in Anaheim.

Thanks!

Sports Monkey? You mean Hockey Monkey in Irvine?

There's also Hockey Giant in Anaheim.

The Tron store is now in Vista but it's tiiiiny. It's mostly just their shipping warehouse.

There's a pro shop in Iceoplex in Escondido too, but it's only about the size of SDIA.

Honestly I just get most things from Ice Warehouse online because they're in CA as well and overnight shipping is free.

I'd recommend Hockey Monkey personally. Just had better experiences there customer service wise. Could be just luck of the draw though.

If you end up getting your skates sharpened, I would also recommend Hockey Monkey as well. I got my skates sharpened once at Hockey Giant, and it was unbelievable how un-even the edges were (of course it depends on WHO is doing the sharpening). I had some skates sharpened at Hockey Monkey without any issues, both times were different operators. I sharpen my own skates now though anways....

HM did a great job, but not a fan of the flat bottom V. Too slippery for me and odd trying to use edges. HM is great for sure, but too far of a drive from Carlsbad for a sharpen....

The new Carlsbad rink has good sharpenings!

Iceoplex has some pro stock sticks (shop is run by Randy Carlyles son). They may not have as much now though ;) And do not get your skates sharpened there. I've never heard good things from anyone and my experience wasn't positive.

That pretty much leaves monkey and giant in Irvine/Anaheim. There's also a play it again in Mira Mesa that tends to have a pretty good selection.

If you are driving down there is Hockey Giant, Hockey Monkey and a few other pro shops on your way.

Not bringing any equipment, just looking to see what I can get my hands on in terms of picking up some new equipment. Any places in LA area to grab some pro stock gear?