Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Goal Pad Suggestions for Christmas present?

Hey guys. My brother plays goal and I want to get him a new set of pillows as his are gross. Looking at either the CCM Flex 400 pads or the Bauer One.7's. Any opinions? He's not particularly picky, but he's using a One70 pad at the moment. He's a butterfly goalie, but he likes some flex in his pads as well.

Gotcha okay then. Given the choice, if it was me, I'd prefer the CCMs. Just seem like better features imo.

Thanks. Maybe ill take a look at the Reactor 4000's as well. He was always a Velocity guy until he got the Bauers (because they were cheap)

How old is he? I would go with the One.7's for a few reasons. First, if he is still growing, they feature an adjustable knee cradle which can let him get a little more life out of the pad before he outgrows it. Second, the Myflex system is a great tool for a goalie like him because it allows him to have a butterfly pad, but still adjust the flex in the pad the way he wants. Third, he's aready in the equivalent to these pads. He's used to them and, assuming he likes them, it would be easier to switch.