Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Gent

CCM U+ 12 to CCM RBZ Size Differences

My wife has a pair of U+ 12s in size 5 that are starting to wear out a bit. She wants a pair of skates that are similar in comfort to the U+ 12s, but are more protective for blocking shots. Don't suggest the skate fenders, as she's already shot those down as an option. Thus, I was looking at several different options, one of which was a pair of RBZ skates. I have read in several locations that the RBZ skates run about 1/2 size larger than the U+ line, and thus, instead of a size 5, she'd be a size 4.5. Can anyone confirm that? Also, how close would a pair of Reebok 20Ks compare in size to the U+12s? She has very little room in the toe of the U+ 12s.

We are going to try a few places locally in the Dallas area for new skates, but she's had trouble finding her size locally before and I'll probably end up having to order them. Any help would be appreciated.

Having had the u+12 before, I agree that the rbz line runs half a size big when I was trying on skates.

honestly though, skate fenders will offer more protection than any skate you can buy. the Bauer curv composite skates seemed to offer the most protection from shots without skate fenders.

went down from 8.5EE to 7.5EE from U+ to RBZ. The RBZs have more volume in the areas which are usually tight for me, so I was able to really cram my feet in in those.

So, to update, we tried a bunch of skates on my wife's feet yesterday. She liked the Bauer Supreme 170s in a 4.5D the best, but they were a bit soft and she was worried about the boot being too soft for shot blocking. We are going to try the 180s in a couple of weeks when we have time to go to the other local stores to check on the 180s.