Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I FINALLY got a chance to try on a Re-Akt 100 helmet. Holy crap, and I thought my Re-Akt was pretty comfortable. The CCM Resistance was pretty good, but the Re-Akt 100 was amazing.

shooter27: Yes the speed plate is molded with your skate. The primary objectives of the Speed Plate from a design and development perspective were:

1. Further eliminate negative space between the player’s foot and the skate. This is something we have looked to do in the design and development of our skate lines for years. We feel strongly that a skate that fits close to the foot (yet comfortable mind you) helps the player maximize his energy output during the skater’s stride by eliminating any movement internally.
  2. Stabilize the heel by creating a heel cup that is personalized to the dimensions of the foot and improve heel lock inside the skate.
  3. Personalized arch support. Increasing the contact surface of the bottom of the foot and the skate’s insole. You will see in some of the communication in the catalog the contact surface difference between a regular footbed (think of this as our Form Fit+ footbeds in our current skate line) vs. Speed Plate.

This is where the discovery of the proprietary Recovery Alloy material became such a critical aspect for the Speed Plate. BAUER felt strongly that in order to achieve all three aspects above that the Speed Plate (footbed) needed to be molded together with the skate vs. other custom footbeds out in the marketplace. The Recovery Alloy allows for the Speed Plate to be molded with the skate.

With that said, you don’t have to mold the Skate again if you already own a pair of skates that you are happy with from a fit perspective. You can mold Speed Plates to any existing skate but you should mold them to the skate you are going to wear to ensure the best possible fit experience and enhancements the speed plate provides. If you buy a brand new pair of skates and Speed Plates (or 1X) optimally you would mold the two at the together. Basically the players choice

Hi,

How and when could I get your Bauer Speed Plate product?

Its very hard to find something and noone can tell me when is the official start of retail for speed plates.

Thanks