Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Does anyone have details on sizing guidelines for the shoulders and elbows? I couldn't see them listed in the catalog.

I'm 6'1 with 44 inch chest (long torso, wide shoulders). Tossing up between these and a pair of size 6 Jofa's, XL RBZ/CL's, XL Nexus8000 and XL MX3.

Anyone know if the 300 protective line shares the same release date as the 500?

Starting to see some 500 items pop up online with the 5/15 preorder date. Thinking the surgeon 500 shoulders might be a bit much for beer league so interested in the 300 version.

i think they've made an adjustment the last couple weeks, and it looks like the surgeon 500 gear is coming out before the stallion. i'm bummed about this, i wanted to try on the stallion and compare it to the new tacks gear. i'm in rbz now and want something more form fitting.

Anyone know if the 300 protective line shares the same release date as the 500?

Starting to see some 500 items pop up online with the 5/15 preorder date. Thinking the surgeon 500 shoulders might be a bit much for beer league so interested in the 300 version.

From talking to the fellas at Great Skate several times, it seems like the 300 series isn't coming out until like, september. again, bummed about this.

Edited by brianb

Thanks for the heads up.

I hate wearing shoulder pads but I've had tears in both shoulders so sort of a necessary evil at this point and I've been nursing the ones I wear currently for a bit so not sure I can wait until September.

Guess I'll see how the 500's fit when they are released and go from there. If they are as low profile as people are claiming, the extra protection would only be a plus for me.

Yeah, STX reached out to me directly and both the Surgeon and Stallion 500 will be ready for the 15th. The 300 is coming in September.

The only site that has it up for pre order now is GreatSkate, who is normally awesome, but for some reason isn't going to carry the Stallion shoulder pads.

Hockey Monkey should be carrying it all.

I'm excited to try it all on!

Hockey1 has some of the stallion stuff up for pre-order.

Quick question for the pro shop folks, am I correct in assuming that most new stuff is already sitting in the back and gets put out on the available date?

• Like 1

11 days!

Has anyone tried on both lines? I'm really interested in the Stallion shoulder pads.

I'm tall and thin and in RBZ right now and just think that there might be something a little more form fitting out there- I don't love how Supreme or Vapor feel. I was going to try on the new Tacks stuff and compare it to the Stallion line.

Any thoughts or insight?

11 days!

Has anyone tried on both lines? I'm really interested in the Stallion shoulder pads.

I'm tall and thin and in RBZ right now and just think that there might be something a little more form fitting out there- I don't love how Supreme or Vapor feel. I was going to try on the new Tacks stuff and compare it to the Stallion line.

Any thoughts or insight?

Surgeon line is billed as the more anatomical, form-fitting of the two lines. Seeing and trying it on at WinteFest, That is definitely the case.

Edited by JoeyJ0506

Anyone know of any STX Canadian online retailers? I'm looking to buy the Surgeon 500 elbow pads when they come out and can't find a retailer around here.

Well, today is the day.

Don't see anything up on any of the usual retailer sites. Also stopped at my local TH (only dealer in my area listed on STX's site) and they don't have anything and the manager wasn't even sure if they are getting them in. He said he hadn't heard anything from corporate about them at all.

Was hoping to at least check them out today, my shoulder pads are on their last legs and I was holding out for the surgeon line to be released.

Okay guys lets act a little older than 13...

As for the launch, we haven't gotten the product yet, either, and we haven't received a shipment notification. My knowledge during booking was it was 6/1, same with the RX stick launch.

Okay guys lets act a little older than 13...

As for the launch, we haven't gotten the product yet, either, and we haven't received a shipment notification. My knowledge during booking was it was 6/1, same with the RX stick launch.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I also reached out to HM and they had the same response you and TH had which was not really hearing anything.

Interesting since they were really pushing that 5/15 release date on their social feeds over the last few days.

• Like 1

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I also reached out to HM and they had the same response you and TH had which was not really hearing anything.

Interesting since they were really pushing that 5/15 release date on their social feeds over the last few days.

I noticed that too, especially on IG- this grand countdown to 5/15; and then no one hears anything? Epic marketing fail. I am still looking forward to seeing the Surgeon elbows and shoulders though.

Edited by Cosmic

I forgot to ask the STX guys about that when I saw them today at the warehouse sale. I'm a big fan of the surgeon shoulders, very lightweight and mobile but still has plenty of protection.

My Warrior gear needs to be replaced, and I was going to stick with Warrior (will for gloves,pants,helmet,sticks) but going to try the SURGEON 500. Hopefully I'll be able to have a set sent over to Australia!

I was super lucky to have a direct connection to some folks at STX, and they basically sent me over one of everything to try on. Thank you, STX!

I was so sure I was going to end up in Stallion shoulder pads, but the Surgeon's just fit so perfectly. The materials they chose might make folks hesitate for a minute, but I think this gear is going to have an awfully long shelf life- it feels extremely protective and mostly very durable.

The only thing I can't decide on is the Surgeon shin guards. They easily feel like the most form fitting , protective thing out there. The HD materials they use are incredible and the outer shell feels like it could stop a tank.

It's just the length I'm not sure about. I got the 15" and the outer shell is precisely, exactly 15" from middle of the knee (where the cap is) down the shin. My current CCMs are just about a half inch shorter, with that hard/soft material folded around the bottom edge, so there's a little give where your ankle is constantly moving.

Has anyone else tried on the Surgeon shin guards? Thoughts? You think that extra bit of hard material will get in the way of your stride or no/

All in all, awesome products from these guys.

Edited by brianb

I was so sure I was going to end up in Stallion shoulder pads, but the Surgeon's just fit so perfectly. The materials they chose might make folks hesitate for a minute,

What materials did they choose for the Surgeon 500 shoulder pads? Why would this make people hesitate?

How is the weight on these (Surgeon 500 shouldies)?

They used a high def polymer, which looks and feels much different than the popular high def foams mainly being used by CCM and Bauer. Chest and spine protection are a free floating and hard material. The shoulder caps don't have much give, which is fine, because they stay exactly where they're supposed to. Bicep guards and the remainder of the pad has a nice cushion to it, but it's solid. Virtually no moisture is going into these pads.

The Surgeon elbow pads are also very solid. Again, that heavier material takes a second to get used to, but they feel incredible. The full sleeve really locks your arm to the pad.

All the padding is a bit heavier than what I was used to (coming from RBZs) but you can't deny the protection is serious.

The Surgeon shin guards are super slim fitting, but feel like they could withstand a tank. They're the most protective feeling shin guards I've ever tried on.

I see HM has the STX line up on their website now. Has anyone ordered and received their pads yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I checked the STX website and there are no retailers in FL so my only way to try them would be to order online and return them if it doesn't work out.

@brianb
I'm currently using RBZ line pads, what's the protection difference with the STX lines? I like the mobility of the RBZ line but I've taken some shots and hits recently that have me considering a more protective pad. Since you said STX sent you over one of each would you mind doing a run down of each different piece?

I noticed in the new RX stick line they listed a X28 pattern is that supposed to be W28/E28 clone?

Yes STX confirmed on twitter it is a E28 clone i may have to give this stick a try now.

• Like 1

I see HM has the STX line up on their website now. Has anyone ordered and received their pads yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I checked the STX website and there are no retailers in FL so my only way to try them would be to order online and return them if it doesn't work out.

@brianb

I'm currently using RBZ line pads, what's the protection difference with the STX lines? I like the mobility of the RBZ line but I've taken some shots and hits recently that have me considering a more protective pad. Since you said STX sent you over one of each would you mind doing a run down of each different piece?

I ordered the Stallion Shoulders that arrived today. They look and really protective almost like a hybrid of lacrosse pads and hockey pads. More like a lacrosse pad tailored for hockey honestly which I am really happy about. They have a very dense feel to the padding and the sternum and spine guards have high-def polymers and plastics that seem like they can definitely absorb quite a bit of punishment. The shoulder caps are a little big but no overly so but consist of the same padding and materials as the rest of the pad. Overall fit is nice with a lot of extra room to either tighten up or loosen the side straps to adjust the fit to your preference. I still have yet to try them out on the ice but as of right now I'm really impressed with the pads