Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bgspillz

How do you prefer measuring your glove size?

How do you prefer measuring your glove size? Do you measure from bottom of you middle finger to your elbow crease or do you measure from the tip of your middle finger to the bottom of your hand then times it by two? If I use the first method I get a little over 13.5" but if I use the second method I get a little over 14". I must have long fingers.

There is no substitute for trying on gloves. Depending on the feel that you like you could be different sizes from what you measure. Also, brands, and even lines within brands, could run a little different.

How do you prefer measuring your glove size? Do you measure from bottom of you middle finger to your elbow crease or do you measure from the tip of your middle finger to the bottom of your hand then times it by two? If I use the first method I get a little over 13.5" but if I use the second method I get a little over 14". I must have long fingers.

You're pretty much in the same boat as me, 13.5" elbow to middle finger or 14" front wrist to middle finger to back of wrist. Ummmm... I'd say after trying on a lot of gloves, I've found that 13.5" is more accurate although is mostly non-existent. I know Warrior offers 13.5" in the AX1, but FOR MY HAND, I found it to be too wide/loose. So, fit-wise, I've found 13" Wide to be the best fit for me... however, the fingers are a bit too small lengthwise and, unfortunately, with a 14" Narrow, the fingers ran a bit on the longer side. My test for glove fit is simple: When I open my hand, does the glove open a little, average, or a lot?

In my experience, FOR MY HAND (N-narrow, S-standard, W-wide):

- Warrior AX1 14" - a little

- Warrior AX1 13.5" - average

- Warrior Covert 13"N - a lot

- Warrior Covert 14"N - slightly above average

- Warrior Covert 15"N - average

- Warrior Franchise 14"W - a little

- Warrior Franchise 13"N+extended fingers - average

- Bauer X60 14"N - average

- Bauer APX/APX2 13"N - a lot

- Bauer APX/APX2 14"N - average

- Bauer Nexus 800 13W" - a lot

- Easton E-Pro 14" - a little

- Easton HSX 14"N - slightly above average

Right now my staple are the Nexus 800 13"W gloves. However, despite running a bit long in the fingers, I really liked the HSX fit. So... I just ordered two sets of Warrior Coverts which fit similar to the HSX: 1 from Canada labeled as 14"N and 1 customized coming from overseas requested as 14"N (compared to the Canadian made gloves, apparently the overseas run an even tighter fit).

As chippa states above, try on a bunch of gloves!

There is no substitute for trying on gloves. Depending on the feel that you like you could be different sizes from what you measure. Also, brands, and even lines within brands, could run a little different.

Agreed, if you can't try them on, then comparing to a similar model is the best way.

Try them on. I have long fingers so even most 15's I'm busting through the top gussets on. I can always make the cuff shorter so I'm not overly concerned about overall length. Everyone's hands are different, and everyone will have their own wants /needs/preference when it comes to sizing. Best bet is to try them on.

MC88, have you had any CL500s?

Tried some on when I went to the Sharks equipment sale last year, but I honestly don't remember how they fit.

Tried some on when I went to the Sharks equipment sale last year, but I honestly don't remember how they fit.

Gotcha. I have a few pairs, they make a narrow as well. I want to know what these narrow and wide Warriors compare to before I spend the money on them. As you know, a pair of Coverts or Luxes isnt exactly pocket change... But nobody I play with has any PS stuff, and especially not Warrior.

I try on 13" and if it doesn't fit well I just don't buy it. I suppose it's totally possible that for some models the 14" would be a better fit if the 13" doesn't feel right, but I don't bother trying.

I try on 13" and if it doesn't fit well I just don't buy it. I suppose it's totally possible that for some models the 14" would be a better fit if the 13" doesn't feel right, but I don't bother trying.

Same here. The most important thing for me is to have my fingers just touching the end of the gloves. From there on I adjust my elbow pads so they cover my forearm followed by my shoulder pads to cover my biceps.

Finger length is the only thing that really matters to me, too long and the gloves are sloppy and, too short and it is uncomfortable and feels like you're going to tear the gussets. Some gloves I wear 14" while others are 15". Reebok/CCM/Eagle gloves need to be 15" because their fingers are about a 1/4" too short.

Just tried on 13" APX Pro's and they feel much smaller than 13" Warrior AX1's. The 14" Bauer felt similar to the Warrior 13" gloves.

Just got these puppies in the mail: 14"N Sharks Warrior Coverts (Canadian made)

AffssTO.jpg

Quite possibly the best overall fitting glove for me. I'd say it fits similar to a 14" Bauer x60, but slightly tighter in the fingers. Has a /\ shaped fit, where it's tight in the fingers and opens up gradually as it gets to the cuff.

AffssTO.jpg

Quite possibly the best overall fitting glove for me. I'd say it fits similar to a 14" Bauer x60, but slightly tighter in the fingers. Has a /\ shaped fit, where it's tight in the fingers and opens up gradually as it gets to the cuff.

Do you find the cuff on the top of the hand gets in the way on Vapors? I do, especially X60's. Otherwise I really like them. Curious how the cuff compares in your opinion.

Also, if that's how wide a narrow Covert is, how freaking wide is an actual wide!?!?

http://i.imgur.com/AffssTO.jpg...

Holy crap, do want!

Did you get them at a sharks equipment sale or are they somewhere available on the internet?

Gloves break in too, they'll get looser. I've had some gloves stretch out and expand over time to the point where they were no longer snug and the fingers felt long, it actually got kind of uncomfortable, its like they were half a size too big. I like mine fairly snug so I try to get them fitting fairly close and just make sure that when I open up the hand my fingers are not pressed up against the tips of the gloves when the fingers are fully extended, that way you know they're not too small and they'll only stretch and get looser from that point on.