Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

murr611

Baking Skates Fix the Feel?

Ok so heres the deal, I bought a pair of CCM U+ 12s about a year and when i got them I never had a chance to bake them because I ordered them by mail from hockeymonkey. When I got the skates I was on my home from school to play in the Return of the Robin tournament. I never thought It would be a big deal to just skate with them without baking them because I did it with one pair of my CCM U+ 08s and and many previous skates ordered online. I've noticed though that my feet feel offset in my skates like one foot it toward the inside of the skate and the other is toward the outside. I can still skate perfectly on them but,

would baking them fix the position and feel of the boot so that it feel like im centered on the blade or atleast they feel even?

P.S. I have checked the E-holder and it appears to be on strait and square.

and just a side topic any one else with CCM U+ skates feel that the boots look really narrow when you lace your skates just curious.

My feet slid back a noticeable bit when I baked them. Cramped toes pre-bake, comfortable toes just at the tip post bake.

The appearance of the lacing pattern is going to differ based on the size and shape of your foot compared to various boots.

The CCM U12s weren't meant to be worn without baking. As long as the skates are the correct size then a baking should improve how they feel on your feet so long as they are a good fit for your foot type. Baking won't help if the skates are too big or aren't a good match for your feet..

Whilst the holder can be straight and square, it can still be mounted off the center line. It only takes a small movement for a person to notice this from their last skates. Or it can be that your old skates had the holder mounted very slightly to one side and these skates have the opposite. Add the differences and you can easily get a 1mm variation in the mounting of the holder between the 2 skates and this is what you can feel. If you don't have any side to side movement of your foot in the skate, baking will not make a significant difference as to where the holder sits under your foot. If you do have some movement then a bake and positioning your foot in the boot to one side and then pressing the sides of the boot inwards to remove the negative space can help.