Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackdyo

extension plug in sherwood t90

ive put a wooden extension plug in my t90 and i can never get it to be solid it always click and rocks around have one in my easton and its fine would i need to purchase a sherwood wooden extension

Just put some tape around it so it fits nice and snug, the put enough hotglue on it. It will not click around if you apply it right.

yea i put tape around after but the glue just seem to come of as you push it into the shaft

put the tape between the stick and the plug. I wrap the tape around the tip of the extension (like a piece of foreskin) so it's half off and half on the blade. Then heat the stick and add the glue and tap tap tapparoo until the plug goes on and the extra layer of tape will be a shim and keep it snug.

When you put the plug in with the foreskin trick it will not get pushed because the shaft will never meet the edge of the tape as it will be inside the shaft already

You might not need to get a sherwood extension (don't even know if they make them), but with all the different shaft shapes now, you may be using a more "oval" shape in what I believe is a squarer shaft on the T90. Tape shimming should solve the problem as many have said, but you may want to pick up a squarer extension if that's the issue.

Examples of what I'm talking about:

square: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=ejplug

oval: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=REPLUG(that picture is exaggerated compared to most I've seen).

As far as glue squeezing out goes, that will always happen, but make sure you also apply some heat to the end of the shaft before you put the plug in, which will make the opening expand, this will squeeze off less glue and as it cools will contract around the tenon for a better hold.