Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

215BroadStBullies610

LAK place Mike Richards on waivers...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/l-a-kings-place-mike-richards-on-waivers/

I don't think he ever got over being traded from PHI. I mean, he was the man and the face of the organization. And going from that to being a role player, it must have crushed him. It's a shame. Richards will always be one of my favorite Flyers.

Leafs? I know they were interested in a trade last week. Wouldn't it be a hell of a thing if they had to waive Clarkson to clear cap space. He's making 5+ and playing 4th line minutes lately.

[EDIT] Actually, more like 3rd line. (8, 12, 11, 17) in his last 4 games.

Leafs? I know they were interested in a trade last week. Wouldn't it be a hell of a thing if they had to waive Clarkson to clear cap space. He's making 5+ and playing 4th line minutes lately.

[EDIT] Actually, more like 3rd line. (8, 12, 11, 17) in his last 4 games.

Waiving Clarkson wont clear cap space unless someone else picks him up. You can no longer bury a contract in the minors.

So evidently Richards is eating up someone else's valuable playing time for the Kings to be doing this. Or a trade is in the works and a team is going to retain his salary via trade and keep him in the minors.

Edit: Evidently it would clear 925k in cap space. No idea how any of that works though.

The Richards/Phaneuf rumor thing almost makes sense, more for the Kings than the Leafs though. Richards is in pretty significant decline.

Phaneuf would be a good #2 or lower D-man on a team like LAK, and they're really missing Voynov.

I wonder if this is the beginnings of those wheels turning...

I didn't realize the change in the CBA for contracts in the minors. Just heard them talking about it on SN.

Still think the Leafs are the ones most interested...whatever they have to do to make it work.

The Leafs need to be dumping contracts, not adding them. I don't really see any team adding Richards unless some basement team is looking to maintain their spot above the floor with a buyout next summer.

Some people are saying his concussion history has caught up to him. He was a big part of the cup run in 2012 and probably a big reason the Kings were able to push to bring Carter in. When he first got to LA he was still playing at a high level and made the PK offensively dangerous every time out, he just hasn't been the same the past year or two and I wouldn't be surprised if it was was medically related. Can't fault Lombardi for not buying him out in the off-season, MR is a huge part of that dressing room and I'm pretty sure the rest of the team respected DL's decision to give him one more shot.

Some people are saying his concussion history has caught up to him. He was a big part of the cup run in 2012 and probably a big reason the Kings were able to push to bring Carter in. When he first got to LA he was still playing at a high level and made the PK offensively dangerous every time out, he just hasn't been the same the past year or two and I wouldn't be surprised if it was was medically related. Can't fault Lombardi for not buying him out in the off-season, MR is a huge part of that dressing room and I'm pretty sure the rest of the team respected DL's decision to give him one more shot.

Is there any truth to the stories about Richards and Carter partying too much ? If true, I am sure it will catch up to them eventually. Also, he is practically 30 years old which is a bit old for today's NHL style.

Is there any truth to the stories about Richards and Carter partying too much ? If true, I am sure it will catch up to them eventually. Also, he is practically 30 years old which is a bit old for today's NHL style.

He was here in Philly, that was part of the issue mgmt had with him. The infamous Old City Gang, comprised of Carter, Hartnell, Lupul and Richards, didn't endear themselves well to the powers that be haha. That being said, I don't know if he has continued that way of life in L.A. I know he just got engaged so I would imagine that, eh, youthfulness is behind him.

He was here in Philly, that was part of the issue mgmt had with him. The infamous Old City Gang, comprised of Carter, Hartnell, Lupul and Richards, didn't endear themselves well to the powers that be haha. That being said, I don't know if he has continued that way of life in L.A. I know he just got engaged so I would imagine that, eh, youthfulness is behind him.

Speaking of Lupul, there has been a story going around that he was messing around with Phaneuf's wife. Good God, will my Maple Leafs ever find peace or win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime ?

Speaking of Lupul, there has been a story going around that he was messing around with Phaneuf's wife. Good God, will my Maple Leafs ever find peace or win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime ?

Not to get too far off topic...but that rumour might make this TSN feature more interesting to watch:

NHL-Trust_zpswz2uiq4q.jpg

http://www.tsn.ca/video/cabbie-presents-trusting-teammates-1.196003

Seems like it's a constant rumor on just about every team when someone gets traded, demoted to the minors or injured off the ice.